Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
House rules for basis game to improve the zombies
12-17-2013, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2013 03:25 PM by mqstout.)
House rules for basis game to improve the zombies
Hi,

I play LNoE with the basis game and the expansions growing hunger and hero expansion.
My group has the experience that the humans wins the scenario quite more often than the zombies (by sacrifice one or two heros and run to good positions). So we decided to implement some house rules to raise the thrill of the game. Also the fire rules from timber peek is included.

The house rules are attached. May be you can describe your experience with the game and share your house rules.

Best regards,
BrainDead

Mod action: Shortened subject to allow replies

Attached File(s)
.pdf  LNOE House Rules_Rev1_BrainDead.pdf (Size: 25.62 KB / Downloads: 21)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2013, 03:25 PM
RE: House rules for basis game to improve the zombies
Zedheads: I opened the PDF and it checks out. No viruses found and yes a bunch of house rules.

BrainDead: Sorry about the implications; your first post was a PDF.

Overall, it's a collection of house rules that make it harder for the hero players. For instance, heroes move more slowly when wounded. Pretty comprehensive Watchmen02
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-18-2013, 03:38 AM
Overall there is some pretty interesting stuff in there, I don't think I agree with the pump shotgun rule though. The only way that really happens is when a mob descends upon a couple of unlucky heroes (who often don't make it out of a fight like that without a miracle), that's just a part of zombie strategy that players in our group learned early; avoid having more than 2 zombies in a space unless they're literally descending on that unlucky duo of heroes. Strategy works well to reduce dynamite efficiency as well. On another note Grave Weapons, which were introduced in Survival of the Fittest, greatly even the playing field. Anyone who has played that one knows between Stench of Death and Bloated Body, those 2 zombies alone can completely tip a game in favor of Zed.
12-18-2013, 10:17 AM
(12-17-2013 03:25 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Zedheads: I opened the PDF and it checks out. No viruses found and yes a bunch of house rules.

BrainDead: Sorry about the implications; your first post was a PDF.

@mqstout: Good to know that someone is checking the pdfs for viruses. I am impressed, you do a great job.