Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How Do You Pack Up Your Game Board and Pieces?
12-09-2008, 12:45 AM
How Do You Pack Up Your Game Board and Pieces?
Looking for some help and options to be able to carry LNOE easily from place to place.

Currently I have the original pack, Growing Hunger, Stock Up, Zombie Revenge, and the extra CD. We often take LNOE to other people's place to play, but that's a lot to haul in 2 big boxes, and stuff floats around or shifts inside the boxes making a mess/damaging items. Ideally, I would like one way to organize all these together where it is easy haul and set up.

I recently went to the comic shop and bought some card holders. Right now I have one for the hero cards, zombie cards in another, and all the heros in one, all the zombies in a big one. The most convenient is that all the wounds, spawning pits, etc are collected into a couple small holders that really help keep things clean.

Still, that is too much to fit in one of the LNOE boxes, even without the black inserts.

Can anyone comment on how they do this? Still just use the 2 LNOE boxes? Use a large tool box, maybe a tackle box?

Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2008, 12:51 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2008 12:52 AM by deadrabbit.)
RE: How Do You Pack Up Your Game Board and Pieces?
i use a tackle/ tool box with a loot of compartments and stuff. but i still keep the hero cards, scenarios and the board pieces in one of the last night boxes. but none of the chips, figs, and cards get messed up in the tackle box which is more important to me then the board.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
12-09-2008, 01:32 AM
I don't transport games;)but I put all the
counters in plastic sandwich bags.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
12-09-2008, 04:50 AM
I'm looking into something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/Aluminum-15-Notebook...7C294%3A50
There are many different sizes and shapes so you should be able to find one that is just right. The interior is lined with foam rubber so you pieces wont get beat up and some come with dividers so you can compartmentalize the case.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2008, 05:12 PM
I actually removed the plastic place holder from one of my boxes, and put all my counters and board peices in there. The counters are all in ziplocs.

The second box I use for the scenario and character cards, plus all the dice, figs, etc. (also in ziplocs)

When bringing the games with me, they both fit nicely into a plastic bag from the local Target store (recycle!)
12-09-2008, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2008 10:39 PM by mqstout.)
I carry both boxes. Everything fits perfectly well if you carry both. the cards/tiles(including promos) all fit into the GH box, and I keep the tokens and everything else (inside plastic baggies) inside the original box. This is WITH the plastic holders.
12-14-2008, 11:02 PM
I've put up a few pictures showing how I have the game organized (take a look in the gallery). It definitely helped when I carried the game over to some friends this weekend.

Take a look and let me know what you think.
12-15-2008, 05:06 PM
kosmium Wrote:I've put up a few pictures showing how I have the game organized (take a look in the gallery). It definitely helped when I carried the game over to some friends this weekend.

Take a look and let me know what you think.

Very efficent!

Are you German?

(I say this because on a few other gaming sites I'm on, those German guys are always the most industrious and efficient!)

I noticed in your profile that you used to be from Iowa....which part? I live in the Waterloo, IA area.
12-16-2008, 04:35 AM
I just pile it all in but I am thinking I might take the insert out of my ATOE since everything doesn't fit all that great since I put the tokens into little resealable craft bags.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
12-17-2008, 07:53 AM
supervike Wrote:Very efficent!

Are you German?

(I say this because on a few other gaming sites I'm on, those German guys are always the most industrious and efficient!)

I noticed in your profile that you used to be from Iowa....which part? I live in the Waterloo, IA area.

I'm sure there is German in there somewhere, some Scandinavian. Have to admit I got my training from my mom, she notes and organizes everything. And being a chemist by trade, being anal is just second nature.

Originally from Boone, IA. Didn't know Iowa breed so many zombie fans. Wait, must be the corn fields ("Outlander! We have your woman, Outlander!"). Bunch of family by Waterloo, the Brietske is their last name (cousins). Next time I'm heading in that direction, I'll let you know and we can get a game together. May be a year or so, but gives me time to work on those Zombie strategies.