Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How could they miss this?
05-19-2009, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2009 07:29 PM by SPARTAN VI.)
How could they miss this?
It's like going to a drag race without seeing a V8 motor. It's like waffles without syrup. It's like oreos without milk. It's like a bed with no blankets. All perfectly acceptable without one another, but always complement each other.

Most if not all zombie flicks have some form of barricading. Though not a requisite for a good zombie movie/game (see Left 4 Dead), there's something exciting about digging in and fighting off swarms of zombies. Basically, I'm urging the developers to put "barricade" Hero cards into the game, or a barricade ability (like the hero card idea pesronally). I only have the original game and played Escape in the Truck and Die Zombies Die! scenarios. Is there something like this already available for LNoE?

Ideally this "Barricade" card would be a Hero card that "remains in play." It can only be played on a building that is occupied by a hero and be canceled by playing a "Taken Over" card.

The building would get a marker placed on it like the "Lights Out" or "Taken Over" tokens. Most importantly it will cancel the zombies' ability to easily walk through walls/doors without a 1D6 roll. Probably be best if there's a 50/50 chance, so a roll of 3 or higher would simulate a zombie breaking into a hole. Should also hinder the heroes' ability to move out through doors without a 3+ roll or use the "escape through the windows" event. Does not limit LOS (line of sight) or impede the heroes' range attacks (or perhaps for balance purposes, can reduce LOS by 1 or whatever seems reasonable).

Would rather not make a variant because I don't want to see flimsy variant cards in this high quality deck. But if FFG doesn't make this happen, I might have to print my own!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2009, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2009 07:59 PM by zombie67.)
RE: How could they miss this?
I think, Spartan, they heard you before you spoke. Zombie17

I believe the rules for barricades are to be included in the "Survival of The Fittest" expansion coming later this year.

If you follow this link (supplied by theconcerned): http://ogrecave.com/newsupdate/?p=28 and play the interview with Scott Hill you can hear mention of barricades amongst others things....though no real information is given out.
05-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Rock on, I actually got a response to my email with the same suggestion. Really excited for that expansion!
05-20-2009, 12:31 AM
i have a way to barricade but its fairly untested. it works good with my survivel mode, or if theres alot of zombies like 14+. if not you can build faster then they can rip down.

i just hope its not like a one time thing, like with a card, theres so much stuff to barricade with you should be able to do it in place of movement/search.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]