Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
How did you first discover Last Night On Earth?
09-27-2012, 07:33 AM
RE: How did you first discover Last Night On Earth?
Actually, it was because of you, guys.

Some months ago, I was looking for a board game to play with my friends. Looking the options (Zombies!!!, Betrayal at House Hill, Arkham Horror and LNoE) I started visiting forums, and I found this one. And you convinced me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2012, 06:26 PM
(09-24-2012 09:05 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  LOL! Kassle, that was a great story. ;-) You'll have to let your friend play the game with you sometime. Just don't share the fact that you originally picked it up meaning to get it for her. ;-)

StayPuft - she is actually one of the people I play with. She digs it, although she always somehow draws Jake whenever we do a random Hero draw and seems fairly annoyed to be playing as the "homeless guy".

But, yeah - I ain't never tellin' her that she was supposed to get LNOE instead of that plant!!!
09-27-2012, 07:59 PM
(09-27-2012 06:26 PM)kassle Wrote:  
(09-24-2012 09:05 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  LOL! Kassle, that was a great story. ;-) You'll have to let your friend play the game with you sometime. Just don't share the fact that you originally picked it up meaning to get it for her. ;-)

StayPuft - she is actually one of the people I play with. She digs it, although she always somehow draws Jake whenever we do a random Hero draw and seems fairly annoyed to be playing as the "homeless guy".

But, yeah - I ain't never tellin' her that she was supposed to get LNOE instead of that plant!!!

LOL! "The homeless guy." That is too funny. I actually really like Jake. ...Then again, I'm a little biased. I'm so obsessed with this game that I love all the characters. I don't care who I get when I draw at random.

Anyway, could still be a good idea for a gift if she has a birthday coming up, or for the holiday season. ;-) Then she could play when you aren't available, and sometimes when you play, you could do so with her copy instead. If you start to switch off with somebody else who owns the game, that is less wear and tear on your copy. ;-) Diabolical, yet clever. LOL!
10-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Dont remember how i ended up in BGG and started checking the top games and stuff and then i found it. Then i looked it up in amazon, plus some othe games i liked (Dominion, Twiligth Struggle, Mutant Chronicles (Old passion...) and pandemic) and added to my wishlist. Then my wife, as a surprise, read my wishlist and bought all of them and gave to me in our anniversary! I live in Brazil so its not just buying, you have to either plan to try to find someone thats travelling to bring it to you or pay a lot of shipping and taxes, that is what my wife did... but totally worth it!
10-01-2012, 06:22 PM
(09-26-2012 01:16 AM)ProfitOfDoom Wrote:  ...At the moment I spend more time with the board game hobby then by beloved video games,Who would have thought!

The same thing happened to me. My brother-in-law got this game for my wife on her birthday because he played it once and knew we liked zombies. I played some D&D and HeroQuest when I was in High School, but nothing really for years. I was always more involved in video games. We played LNOE and were immediately hooked. We played it 3 nights in a row, then I found this site while looking for some rules help. A few days later I got ATOE used from a member on this site (Thanks Supervike), and loved it even more. Then something horrible happened. Someone bought me some HeroScape for Christmas that year, and I officially became obsessed with it. Now I spend most of my free time playing games, painting, building maps, attending tournaments, etc. My wife really enjoys them all to, and now our friends are all into them. It all started with LNOE being given as a somewhat random gift to my wife.
10-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Would you believe I was looking at Fortune and Glory on Amazon and saw LNoE below in the 'customers who like this also like'. I fell in love with the idea and it didn't disappoint.
Wanna play?

Does that look like a scratch or a bite?
10-03-2012, 06:05 AM
We have a monthly board gaming event in our country and I dropped by two months ago, played Shadows Over Camelot once and thought it was okay. I then dropped by again the following month and the group that I was with decided to play LNOE (after a boring round of Dixit). Even though we didn't play it right (the facilitator let us play 5 heroes instead of 4), I loved the experience. Who wouldn't - we played the Escape in the Truck scenario and I got the awesome Jake Cartwright which helped me save the day - not only did I find both the gasoline and keys, I also found a fire extinguisher that cleared the way to the truck for the group!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2012, 07:16 PM
(10-03-2012 06:05 AM)LabRat Wrote:  Who wouldn't - we played the Escape in the Truck scenario and I got the awesome Jake Cartwright which helped me save the day - not only did I find both the gasoline and keys, I also found a fire extinguisher that cleared the way to the truck for the group!

That is really awesome! And in your first game too! Groovy! When those sort of things happen in this game, that is really the best. ;-)
10-03-2012, 10:41 PM
(10-03-2012 07:16 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  That is really awesome! And in your first game too! Groovy! When those sort of things happen in this game, that is really the best. ;-)

I was actually bored with my turns throughout the game since all I did was kept drawing cards at first while the other players got into the action - all the others got attacked by Zombies at least once! One of the players got the Gasoline first, but things started to get exciting when I drew into another Gasoline card. I had to convince the team to let me keep it - I told them that having two Heroes with Gasoline would force the Zombies to split their forces. I eventually drew into the Fire Extinguisher and Just What I Needed which gave me the keys, told the team to make a run for the truck and to wait for me there. Once they got to the truck or close to it, I just made a run for it and used the Fire Extinguisher to push off the zombies! Amazing for a first game! Watchmen02
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2012, 07:31 PM
It definitely never hurts to have more than one hero with the gasoline or keys. You never know if one of them may wind up being killed by zombies and then you lose whatever they may be carrying. If you have another hero with extra, you've still got a chance. So, good move on your part convincing them that keeping the gas was a good idea. ;-) Not to mention, you are right as well. One hero carrying the gas makes them a target. Two heroes carrying gas means the zombie player(s) have to try to go after both.