Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How many characters/players are set as default for the game?
04-06-2014, 01:26 PM
I have a question for the Number of Players and the Mystery Phase.

I have an idea of 4 characters/players as default.

As I see it, there are big difference in playing with 2-3 characters or 5-6 characters, especially in the co-op mode, as the players get too do a lot more actions before each Mystery phase with Mystery card draw and the roll on the Mystery phase chart.

In co-op I think there are no scaling, the more characters the more easy the game gets.

?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2014, 03:19 PM
RE: How many characters/players are set as default for the game?
There are some factors that help it scale:

1. The Villain's starting health is his base health multiplied by the number of players in the co-op.

2. The Villain heals faster (d6 instead of d3).

3. The cost of investigating Town Elders goes up to Investigation equal to the number of players.

4. If you do investigate an Elder using Investigation his secrets are automatically revealed - so there is a greater potential of Elders becoming Evil and joining the Villain.

5. There is a potential for a lot more Minions to be entered on the board as there are more cards drawn per round.

6. There is the Co-op Shadow Track which adds Health and Fight Dice to the Villain.

7. If you are playing with the Advanced Co-op Mystery Phase chart there is the nice #3 Roll - Cursed Village - every player must draw a Mystery Card during the Mystery Phase. Not fun when you have an 8-player co-op Watchmen02

8. There is a potential for the Shadow Track to move much faster per round since there are potentially more cards being drawn.

There may be others I'm missing. If I think of something I'll put it up here.

How long have you been playing? How many Heroes do you typically play with? ATOE is my favorite of all the FFP stuff so far.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
04-06-2014, 04:18 PM
RE: How many characters/players are set as default for the game?
Welcome to TZG Bergh...ATOE Geek has about covered it.
I'll just add when you get to 5+ Heroes the Game gets longer.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: