Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How many players do you prefer to play with?
01-12-2011, 12:29 AM
How many players do you prefer to play with?
I have a sampling of 12 games played, with varying number of players.

6 - 1H v 1Z
3 - 2H v 2Z
2 - 2H v 1Z
1 - 4H v 1Z

I mostly play as the heroes, and have found that I prefer 2 - 4 players simply because I like controlling more than one character.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2011, 01:55 AM
RE: How many players do you prefer to play with?
So far, a game of 4 is the largest we have played. I liked it best because there two people per team for strategy, etc, but everyone still got to play multiple people. It also made Zombie Heroes more likely than with just 1 hero player.

About 75% of the time it is just me and my wife.
01-12-2011, 04:23 AM
I find five people the best. One zombie and for hero players.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2011, 06:32 AM
(01-12-2011 04:23 AM)mqstout Wrote:  I find five people the best. One zombie and for hero players.

I have not played with six yet but four heroes and one zombie worked great, two zombie players sounds weird but ill have to give it a try.
01-12-2011, 07:51 AM

the heroes get "involved" by playing just one character...and the zombie doens't have to share power/strategy. We've always had a blast w/ 5, but next would have to be 3. Though to tell the truth, this is the ONLY board game i've ever played that really did well heads up
01-15-2011, 07:06 PM
I am generally the zombie player and I prefer the game with 5. I enjoy watching my friends make a plan to survive the ensuing zombie attack. The way my friends play it is not a grudge match against me, the zombie, but rather a joint effort to 'win the game.' I get to watch it unfold as well as give them are a hard time of course.
01-16-2011, 11:19 AM
I prefer 6 player games, 4H-2Z. Keeps the game balanced with more minds to keep track of everything, also supports teamwork in an inherently co-op game. Gives the zombie players a bit of a co-op too... even though they shouldn't much.

Now if I can just find 4 more players to play more frequently...
01-17-2011, 12:24 AM
5 is my favorite. 4 zombie players and one human player playing all 8. Watchmen02
01-17-2011, 04:47 PM
I think 2, 3 or 5 is the best. With 2 or 3, the heroes players control more than one character, and I like that. With 5, each player only has one hero, so like "TheyellowHammer" said: "the heroes get "involved" by playing just one character" and that's also a good thing.
01-22-2011, 03:51 PM
5 seems to be the magic number
1 zombie player and 4 heroes

Most people who have to play with 2 heroes tend to get confused and leave their hand out where the zombie player can see it