Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How many players do you prefer to play with?
02-11-2011, 06:45 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2011 06:49 AM by deadrabbit.)
RE: How many players do you prefer to play with?
(01-12-2011 04:23 AM)mqstout Wrote:  I find five people the best. One zombie and for hero players.

this is how my group plays. if we have more or less we'll just play a different game.

im not a fan of two zombie players or people playing two heros. to many hiccups that slow the gameplay.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2011, 03:20 PM
So far I have played the game a total of five times. The first time was six players base game only running the Burn Em Out scenario. Game ended up being a lot of fun going right down to the wire.

The second and third time I played was with four players using just the base game running Die, Zombies Die. We played it twice and switched sides afterward. My team ended up winning with the zombies in the first game easily, as the heroes in the second game it was pretty close but still managed to pull off a victory.

Last night, I played twice with just two players using the base game and Hero Pack One running Die, Zombies Die and then Escape with the Truck. In Die, Zombies Die I ended up winning easily with the heroes. But, in my first experience with Escape with the Truck it came down to one die roll at the very end of either beat zombie to escape or dead hero just leaving one hero left and not enough to complete the scenario objective.

After playing with two, four, and six players I feel that the game flows better with one zombie player. As for the heroes, I think it is easier controlling one or two heroes at the same time rather than all four. However, I have played the zombie side with two zombie players and it is pretty fun to have the teamwork aspect going too. At any rate, I love the fact that the game can be played with two to six players without the game mechanics changing other than the fact that two people split the zombie duties.

I also think Die, Zombies Die is a great scenario for introducing new players even using all the advanced rules and maybe supplemental and expansion cards. Get the core mechanics down and move from there. Good stuff.
02-14-2011, 03:19 AM
personally i prefer 3 or 5. i almost always play zombies and find it a lot harder when there is 2 zombies for some reason, maybe cause as the only zombie i get 4 cards instead of 2 and if i can plan ahead better.
08-14-2012, 10:02 PM
Old thread, but I thought it was an interesting one to bring back up, especially with all the new members popping up lately.

I have had a chance to play with several different numbers at this point (off the top of my head, I can't remember all of which) and have yet to dislike any at all. They are all extremely fun. However...

Me personally, I prefer one zombie player vs. two zombie players whenever possible. I also tend to like each hero player getting two heroes. I find one hero player with all four heroes tends to get too confusing. However, four hero players each with one hero tends to leave each person with not as much to do. I mean, don't get me wrong. There is still enough for them to do. But, I just like having two heroes per hero player. It gives you more to do without being too overwhelming.

So, to be honest, I don't really have a specific preferred number. Because if you think about it, the only way to get BOTH one zombie player, and hero players with two heroes each, is with a game of 3. That is a lot of fun, but bigger groups can be a lot of fun too. So, I'm kind of on the fence as far as this goes.
08-14-2012, 10:08 PM
(01-12-2011 04:23 AM)mqstout Wrote:  I find five people the best. One zombie and for hero players.

Luckily we have 5.
Ill be the Zombies vs my wife and 3 kids as Heroes.
That seems ideal to me as well
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-15-2012, 07:31 PM
(08-14-2012 10:08 PM)wisdomknight Wrote:  

Luckily we have 5.
Ill be the Zombies vs my wife and 3 kids as Heroes.
That seems ideal to me as well

Coincidentally, that is very thematically appropriate too. LOL! Often times, that dynamic comes up in zombie movies/horror movies in general with families. Dad (sometimes Mom) becomes a zombie (or in other movies is killed), leaving Mom and the kids to have to face the horrible fate of having to flee for and/or kill their loved one for their own survival.
08-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Hi, Im usually in a 1 vs 1 game or 1 zombie vs 2 hero players. 5 Is ideal though.

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
08-18-2012, 01:20 AM
I like 3 players for the home game - 1Z / 2P

5 players for either the social game at the local games shop, or when teaching the game.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
09-15-2012, 12:58 AM
I think it really varies depending on the overall patience level of you and people in your group. I've found that the more players participate, the longer the game goes due to confiding with cards, and a lot of strategy discussion.

Some people prefer 60 minute games. Some prefer theirs much longer. Personally, I think 3 is a golden number, but that's probably just because we don't have much time to have multiple games if we play in huge groups.
09-15-2012, 01:25 AM
5 works really well I've played a couple with 4 players (2 playing each) but just getting ready to start another game right now with 5. Watchmen02

Every moment has the potential for the enlightenment in which you seek.

~Bryan
勲刀士, Warrior of the Triumphant Blade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user