Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How the fuzzle do I do this?
04-11-2012, 12:34 PM
RE: How the fuzzle do I do this?
Ok cool i will have to check it out next time I venture near a miniature gaming store.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2012, 01:16 PM
I have experienced the varnish problem first hand unfortunatly.
My zombies and heroes still stick together when I do not store them seperatly.
Luckily I have now enough spare zombies to exchange the ones that came with the game and there is no sticking together there Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-12-2012, 06:30 PM
I used varnish but followed it up with a matte finish spray. No sticking, and I currently just store them in the original zipper bag they came in.
04-13-2012, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2012 11:48 AM by Masterofmayhem.)
As a tabletop gamer, I would like to add that if you seriously want to prevent damage to your minis, you should look into Kr Multicases. [Image: krf_hob_mcs_std_241_000_01_medium.jpg] I have bought and used three of them with different slot sizes and they work perfectly for entire armies, but just as well for smaller groups. The case in the image has four layers, totalling 160 slots.
04-13-2012, 07:41 PM
I had some sticky paint using plain old Testors enamel paints. For some reason the browns, especially light brown colors, would stay sticky.
I bought a cheap giant can of Shellac at Lowe's to spray over the models and it cured the problem.
04-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Funny, I don't see that image on the site. I looked. (I was excited that someone actually makes cardboard cases instead of always overkilling them like they're guncases.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-14-2012, 05:55 AM
The image is actually from Maelstrom Games. I am more accustomed to their site and the image showed the product well. I did not want to mention the store name, as it could so easily be interpreted as some sort of payed advertisement on my part. I just shop there often as they offer free postage anywhere in the world for any order of 10€ or above. Comes in very handy whne ordering small amounts of reinforcements etc. On another note, yes the boxes are thick, sturdy cardboard. It can easily withstand travelling bumps an bruises. I just wouldnt drive over it with a car, nor leave it in the rain. You can also get them in aluminium cases, but I also believe that to be overkill. Also from what I heard, the aluminium used in KR cases is extremely thin and thus easily breakable.
04-14-2012, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2012 09:59 AM by vikinglad.)
(04-13-2012 07:41 PM)Wade Wrote:  I had some sticky paint using plain old Testors enamel paints. For some reason the browns, especially light brown colors, would stay sticky.
I bought a cheap giant can of Shellac at Lowe's to spray over the models and it cured the problem.

I use Testors enamels all the time, and had problems with sticky minis at first. I found that using the Testors Brand enamel Thinner instead of the Home Depot thinner I was using solved the problem. I think the matte sealer I hit it with helps too.

If you are just starting off, I would go with acrylics. Ditching the thinner for water seems like a great idea.