Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to Handle Sheriff Revolver During Entry Mid-Game
09-08-2008, 03:46 AM
How to Handle Sheriff Revolver During Entry Mid-Game
Question on where to pull the revolver for the sheriff if he enters mid-game. (First post, glad to be part of this web-site)

When the sheriff shows up at the beginning of the game, you pick the revolver out of the Hero Deck. Throughout the game, there are times when you pull the revolver out of the discard pile.

So here is the situation. We were playing the Defend the Manor, and I (as the zombies) killed the last hero (converted to a zombie hero), so we randomly selected the next hero: the sheriff. Here is where we ran into a snag. There are revolvers in the discard, and we know there are still revolvers in the hero deck, so where do we pull it from?

Because we were almost done (zombies were going to win in the next turn), it wasn't a big deal to us. But in future games, it could have an effect. If we pulled from discard, there are situations where that is the last revolver on the discard, so you couldn't have other players search for the revolver. We also thought that if the sheriff newly started, it was like the beginning of the game, so we agreed we would pull it out of the hero deck in the future.

Thoughts, opinions, data to the contrary?

Thanks in advance for your input.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2008, 11:17 AM
RE: How to Handle Sheriff Revolver During Entry Mid-Game
Welcome, K!

Personally, I feel you should pull it from the Hero Deck and then shuffle the deck. In thematic terms, this would simulate him coming to fight with a new gun he is holding in his holster, rather than him picking up a discarded one and re-loading it.
Find all posts by this user
09-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Yep, I agree. The Sheriff should always get a bright new shiny gun, from the Hero Deck, if possible.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2008, 06:53 PM
I would, however, give him one from the discard pile IFF there are none in the hero pile.
09-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Oh yeah, definately so.