Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to download and play games on the wii?
07-20-2012, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2012 10:57 AM by Old Dwarf.)
How to download and play games on the wii?
I bought a wii and it just sits here because we don't know anything about it. Can someone tell me how to hook it up to my pc/internet. Also, how can I download games and play them on the wii. And is there anything else that I can do with my wii, besides just playing store-bought games.
Find all posts by this user
07-20-2012, 11:02 AM
RE: How to download and play games on the wii?
My advice to you is to post your message in a designated Wii forum and clear your post of any ads that aren't related to this site.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-21-2012, 07:17 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2012 07:22 AM by jimbal.)
I have some knowledge of this. I have modded multiple wii's
best bet is to get yourself an sd card not an sdhc card, need to get regular 2 gig sd card for ease of intalling the hacks

after that simply follow this guide.

http://www.wiihacks.com/tutorial-archive...y-wii.html
once all of that is done grab an external hdd, best bet is one of the little ones that powers through its usb connector, just makbosure you get one with enough space for all the games you want to download, a 500gb or 1 tb will be plenty as most wii games are around a gig. Once that is connected and formatted for the wii, you can rent games or borrow games and copy them using the wii itself, simply put the game in and load the usblauncher which is part of the guide above and choose to copy it. You can also download just about any game you want....but this requires a good site to find them. If you have a demonoid account they have tons of wii games you can download and transfer to the drive from your pc using a program like wbfs file manager. wbfs is the wii file system.

This is just barely scraping the surface of wii modding. If you are looking to just get normal paid content you need a wireless router as the wii doesnt have an ethernet port. Then just pull up the settngs and setup your connection like you would with a laptop. From there you can access the wii shop channel and buy all kinds of games including some old school nes snes and sega titles.
ask me anything i will try to check back here daily, I have also soft modded like 100 original xboxes, so if you have one of those lying around they are great as media servers and to run emulators for stuff like nes snes sega and even the original playstation. I like modding videogame systems to unlock their real potential, even done a few psps which makes handheld gaming so muc better
EDIT that link is an old guide, make sure and click the link at the top of the post for the most recent guide
07-21-2012, 10:28 AM
psst... I think this is a bot Zombie03

I am the reason God stopped watching.
07-22-2012, 06:54 AM
yeah, I thought about that long after i posted, oh well
07-22-2012, 07:17 AM
(07-22-2012 06:54 AM)jimbal Wrote:  yeah, I thought about that long after i posted, oh well

Well, your advice could still serve its purpose. Now I know where to look if I'm asked for any suggestions on downloading on the Wii.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
07-23-2012, 10:33 AM
indeed, I would be happy to give pointers, of course that link I through out up there is really the best place to go if you want to hack a wii. But some personal experience does help people.
07-23-2012, 11:07 AM
The Bot? returned & reposted his/its commercial Link ,so Bot or not he's banned.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Thread Closed