Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to play 1 ZP in a 6 player game
01-03-2011, 10:04 PM
How to play 1 ZP in a 6 player game
Hello,

First to annoy you all I want to tell that I have never played the game but I am waiting for my zombie box now :> But I read the rule book and I follow the opinion I saw in some reviews and forums - the 2 ZP rule seem to suck a little bit (mostly because I think the zombies have a strong disadvantage). I know what some of you can say: 'what a nooby - never played the game but is already complaining'. Well the thing is that I will probably play the first games (and most likely 99% of them) in a team of 6 and I don't the game to disappoint already at the 1st session.

Ok but getting to the point - do you have any house rules for this variant 2zp and 4hp? Do you tend to change the rules for 2zp? Or do you add a 5th hp and power up the zombies?

As I wrote I don't want the game to make a bad impression at the first night. Probably we would start with the normal 2ZP rule, but if we see sth. is wrong with this set up, we could implement your suggestions in the 3rd or 4th round. So can you give some advice?

PS: I browsed through the forum looking for the answer but did not succeeded, so if I missed the proper topic, please post a link and we can close the thread :>
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2011, 11:17 PM
RE: How to play 1 ZP in a 6 player game
2 Zombie Players does work out just fine.

However, 1 Zombie and 4 Hero players is, to me, the ideal table. We have done 1+5, but it quickly weighs against the Zombies with that extra hero, even when using a few "dots" in favor of the zombies.

(Note, the "dot" system is from the Growing Hunger expansion pack that allows modular tinkering with the rules, giving dot values to each variant so they can be played/mixed with one another in different ways and still be balanced.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2011, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2011 09:44 AM by Emp.)
RE: How to play 1 ZP in a 6 player game
Yep, the best and most fun way to play is with 1 zombieplayer and 4 zombieheroes. Then you don't have to get extra rules in there. I just don't understand that "dot" thing hehehe, I like to keep it simple and straightforward.

We played 1 Zombieplayer (me) versus 5 (new to the game players) Heroes and used "Zombies Autospawn" as an extra to the rules of the mission.
The mission was to blow up 3 zombie spawnpits and the game went fine with those odds.

I think by adding the autospawn it was in favour of the zombieplayer since he could spawn new zombies all the time.
And for where the heroes get the "extra hero advantage" (for instance where they need to find specific things or townsfolk) you could always add more zombies to the game. Going from 14 to 21 zombies sure will have them things to concider Watchmen02

Only downside I found so far is that if the hero players start negotiating tactics...it takes even longer since we have one more opinion added to the game Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user