Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to play Douse and Explosion
08-08-2012, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2012 05:55 PM by Achtung Panzer.)
How to play Douse and Explosion
Is there a difference on how you play dousing a square with petrol and exploding a petrol can?

To me, hitting and exploding a pertol can should be played as per the rules, but if you emptied the can by pouring the petrol onto a square then the die rolls should be limited to that one square and not be applied to adjacent squares as there is no real explosion?

But then, rolling for adjacent squares may represent the spreading pool of petrol?

Thematical this makes sense to me, but is it right by the rules?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2012, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2012 07:13 PM by PJON.)
RE: How to play Douse and Explosion
Gasoline
At any time during your move, you may discard to douse your space or any adjacent space with Gasoline (place a Gas Marker there).

FAQ
Q18: Gasoline – Do Gas Marker explosions count through walls?

A18: Yes. When a Gas Marker explodes, it affects every adjacent space, regardless of walls.

Im not sure if i understand the question.

any time during your turn,you may discard to douse your space or any adjacent space with Gasoline (place a Gas Marker there).

This "action" generates a Gas Marker.
Back of LNOE Base rules
GAS MARKER
ignited by a ranged weapon or fire item. Killed in the square and kills adjacent on a 3+

I dont see an exploding gas can. You can douse and ignite the gas in the same turn.

I think the adjacent square represtents the force of the gas exploding. as in KABOOOOOOM !!!!

Watchmen02

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
08-08-2012, 07:13 PM
There is no real gameplay distinction made between dropping the full tank of gas in a square or "dousing" it. If you like, just imagine that you threw the entire can into the next square. That is what the marker looks like anyway. Watchmen02
08-08-2012, 07:34 PM
(08-08-2012 07:13 PM)vikinglad Wrote:  There is no real gameplay distinction made between dropping the full tank of gas in a square or "dousing" it.

Ah, that helps. Thanks.