Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How would you survive?
02-26-2011, 02:48 AM
How would you survive?
How would you survive a zombie apocalypse?

Depending on how far things have gone I may or may not have the husband with me.. If the army calls him he's gone.
Living only 20 min from the boarder of Mexico as soon as I find out zombies are attacking I'm packing the kids, dogs, my guns and ammo as well as as much food and water we can pack into the car. Then we are going up to WA state to my grandparents avoiding densely populated areas whenever possible.
My grandparents place would be ideal because it's out in the middle of nowhere and it's completely fenced in with gardens and cows. That's on top of the fact that they have a good 10 years of canned food and a lot of guns.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2011, 07:30 AM
RE: How would you survive?
Getting on a sailboat. Out here in the Puget Sound, there are plenty of islands where zombies couldn't get to (unless they're swimming zombies), plenty of good food to eat (berries, plants, fish, etc). One could live indefinitely away from zombie-infestations out there, with limited/no power.
02-26-2011, 07:49 AM
(02-26-2011 07:30 AM)gavindowning Wrote:  Getting on a sailboat. Out here in the Puget Sound, there are plenty of islands where zombies couldn't get to (unless they're swimming zombies), plenty of good food to eat (berries, plants, fish, etc). One could live indefinitely away from zombie-infestations out there, with limited/no power.

Except that zombie don't breath, they can walk underwater indefinitely, therefore... not as safe as you might think... though likely they'd be too dumb to figure out how to find you.

Me, I'd grab a few swords and gun or 2, as much ammo as I could carry, Food and water, and dive right in killing as many as I could. I'm all suicidal... erm... heroic that way. LOL
02-26-2011, 10:03 AM
I live in a small town so I would barricade my home.
I have a 3 story house with only one staircase up. Should be easy.
Only problem would be getting my hands on real guns. I could call up my buddy who is in the army and see if he could hook me up. Not sure if the phones would be working though.
Mental note: Call Steve as soon as stuff starts to seem to go wrong.

Weaponswise I would have to resort kitchenknives, cleaver, axe, baseball bat....hand to hand combat for now.
Maybe that is not a bad thing....more experience from the start cause bullets don't last forever.

And I would go out and kill as many as possible. Scavenge the neighborhood for goods I can use.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-26-2011, 03:57 PM
(02-26-2011 07:30 AM)gavindowning Wrote:  Getting on a sailboat. Out here in the Puget Sound, there are plenty of islands where zombies couldn't get to (unless they're swimming zombies), plenty of good food to eat (berries, plants, fish, etc). One could live indefinitely away from zombie-infestations out there, with limited/no power.

Try Decatur Island there are only a handful of year round residence. That's where I spent a lot of my childhood and a possibility for us if we get to my grandparents. There are several vacant houses you could live in. The main guy (I won't give his name fore privacy) has the biggest house and more guns than he knows what to do with. Also the place is covered in deer.
02-26-2011, 05:07 PM
I would look up Chuck Norris and hang with him.. Insane21

* When the boogeyman goes to sleep, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris..
* Chuck Norris was stabbed by a knife...the knife bled to death..
* Chuck Norris can stare you to death by looking in the other direction..
* Chuck Norris has already been to Mars, that's why there's no signs of life..
* There used to be a street named after Chuck Norris but it was renamed because no one crosses Chuck Norris and lives..
* Chuck Norris has a beach house on the sun..
* Giraffes were created when Chuck Norris uppercutted a horse..
* When Chuck Norris is late, time better slow the f down..
* Chuck Norris died 20 years ago, Death just hasn't worked up the courage to tell him yet..
* Chuck Norris drinks napalm to quell his heartburn..
* When Chuck was in middle school, his English teacher assigned an essay: "What is courage?" Chuck received an A+ for turning in a blank page with only his name at the top.
* Once a cobra bit Chuck Norris' leg. After five days of excruciating pain, the cobra died..
* Chuck Norris beat the sun in a staring contest.

This comment was removed by Chuck Norris

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.
02-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Stay put,even Zombies have better sense than to take over South Jersey(Gods Arm pit)

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
02-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Hmmm.. Good question. If I had time to prepare and barricade myself in and try and sit it out. If I could make it to the car (2.5ltr V6 MG) I would floor it into any shamblers and get to the countryside and keep moving taking each day as it comes...If need be going down in a whirlwind of fists, feet and Japanese steel. Here's a link to a vid of me training for that day... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQZnj7Tx7-Q It's called Kata it's one of many karate kata's I've now been practicing for 13 years. I also teach it and am training for my 3rd Dan grading. I am no expert and consider myself as still a student with lots to learn.
02-26-2011, 08:13 PM
I would look up my buddy and he has a Z-Day plan. As far as I'm concerned I would go out to where I keep my horses, grab my guns and other weapons (blades and such). Grab a horse or 6 or more and head for Natches Trace State Park. No People live there, lol.

Mistrunner
Death is Only the Begining.
02-26-2011, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2011 09:26 PM by D153453D.)
(02-26-2011 08:10 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Hmmm.. Good question. If I had time to prepare and barricade myself in and try and sit it out. If I could make it to the car (2.5ltr V6 MG) I would floor it into any shamblers and get to the countryside and keep moving taking each day as it comes...If need be going down in a whirlwind of fists, feet and Japanese steel. Here's a link to a vid of me training for that day... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQZnj7Tx7-Q It's called Kata it's one of many karate kata's I've now been practicing for 13 years. I also teach it and am training for my 3rd Dan grading. I am no expert and consider myself as still a student with lots to learn.

Nice. I took shotokan for 11 years. It looks like you're doing heian sandan EDIT: Heian Nidan? I was taught a variation called Wazakiku which is a little bit different so I it has a slightly different move set.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."