Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Howdy all!
02-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Howdy all!
I was exposed to LNoE last year at GameStorm 12, and loved it! More so than Zombies!!!. I picked up IfOS the day it arrived at my FLGS, and promptly got my youngest son hooked on it. I played against him 10 times (he was Martians) until I finally won a game.

I've decided to host a game of Earth Overrun (Martians vs Zombies vs Carnies) at GameStorm 13 (Mar 24-27, 2011, Vancouver WA ), so I picked up LNoE.

I'm even considering hosting the new Inferno version there... we'll see!

Dale
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2011, 09:07 AM
RE: Howdy all!
Gamestorm... I like the sound of that! I wish somebody would make a video of how that works. I'm still on the fence about IFoS (not that I don't think it's a bad game) because I don't wanna keep buying games because my GF can only handle so much! Games that is...

Sounds cool though. I love to join in the action but I'm too far away.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
02-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Welcome Aboard! Hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy your stay here.
02-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Greetings Dale!

Let us know who wins at GameStorm and post pictures/game report would be cool too!
02-10-2011, 03:51 AM
(02-07-2011 01:45 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Greetings Dale!

Let us know who wins at GameStorm and post pictures/game report would be cool too!

Will do! I just finished mocking up the pieces for TotUI, and then find out there's a version 2! Ack. ...must... ...have...

Anyway, I rubber-cemented the boards to the underside of my LNoE boards, and then reused the boxes of expansion games to provide cardboard stock for the tokens. I even did the "Sharpie-fication" for each piece (blackened the edges). Now to play-test it either with some Zombie AI rules, or grab one of my kids and "force" them to unplug from vid games and try some face-time!

I do have a roll of laminating plastic (the self-sticky stuff) left over from an Infection Express set I made for my nephew... I may laminate just the boards, but we'll see.
02-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Welcome Dale, I am new here as well but am planning to go to Gamestorm as well. I went last year for mostly non board gaming stuff but this year I would like to play some LNOE and would like to try some of the other Flying Frog stuff.

I'll make sure to look out for the folks playing and stop by to say hi and play a game.

Sorcere aka Paul
02-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Welcome to TZG

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
02-11-2011, 07:51 AM
(02-10-2011 03:12 PM)Sorcere Wrote:  Welcome Dale, I am new here as well but am planning to go to Gamestorm as well. I went last year for mostly non board gaming stuff but this year I would like to play some LNOE and would like to try some of the other Flying Frog stuff.

I'll make sure to look out for the folks playing and stop by to say hi and play a game.

Sorcere aka Paul

Gamestorm game sign-up starts Feb 13th!
02-11-2011, 03:02 PM
(02-11-2011 07:51 AM)dalembraun Wrote:  Gamestorm game sign-up starts Feb 13th!

Yup, I am looking forward to it. I'll make sure to take advantage of early registration this time. Last year was a whole lot of fun, I imagine this year will be even better.