Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Humans Vs. Zombies
10-28-2010, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2010 01:46 PM by TheHun.)
Humans Vs. Zombies
I just stumbled across a website promoting a game called Humans Vs. Zombies. For those of you who don't know about it already:
"Humans vs. Zombies (HvZ) is a game of moderated tag commonly played on college campuses. A group of human players attempts to survive a “zombie outbreak” by outsmarting a growing group of zombie players. Human players must defend themselves with socks and Nerf guns to avoid being tagged by the growing zombie horde"

According to the rules, Zombie players must tag a human once every 48 hours or they starve. Zombie players are stunned for 15 minutes when they are hit with a nerf gun or a rolled up sock. There are designated safe zones for humans and once tagged by a zombie the human player becomes a zombie after 1 hour.

Sounds like it could be a lot of fun, but would need serious modification to be played by us working adults.

Anyone played this before? What did you think?

http://humansvszombies.org/rules

Its a trick, get an axe...

Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2010, 04:01 PM
RE: Humans Vs. Zombies
HvZ is played a couple times per year on this campus. (I'm not a student anymore, so it's not for me -- but I still smile every time I see them with their bands.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2010, 11:44 PM
I've always wanted to play HvZ and came up with many variants for high school play
11-14-2010, 11:43 PM
We used to play similar games, for some time we don't i think we will try it, it sounds promising...
11-20-2010, 06:00 PM
A friend of mine does that with laser tag, but they outfit the targets to the zombies head and the humans have a flag on their belt, if a zombie pulls your flag your out. I've always wanted to play but the list like hella long