Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hunt For Survivors LNoE + Every Expansion inc. Timber Peak
06-10-2013, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2013 10:41 PM by samuraitrev.)
Hunt For Survivors LNoE + Every Expansion inc. Timber Peak
Hello and welcome to my latest Game Report. Sorry it’s been a while; this game has been played using every available expansion for LNoE (inc. Timber Peak). This scenario comes with the Hero Pack 1 expansion.

Scenario Special Rules: Zombies Auto Spawn, Hero Starting Cards (1), Heroes Replenish, Number Counters (1-6).
Mission: The Heroes must venture out into Woodinvale and try to find any Survivors. They need to Search each possible Townsfolk location and get 2 Heroes back to the Truck with the Truck Keys with ALL Townsfolk survivors.
Board Sections (random): Gym (TP), Gun Shop, Refinery and The Barn.
Characters (random): Ed Baker, Jade, Jenny and Amanda.
Starting Zombies: 4
Turns: 16

H2H = Hand to Hand combat
HU: = Hero Upgrade
ST: = Survival Tactic
ZU: = Zombie Upgrade

Pregame
Ed: “Right then everyone out. We search this place and get back to the Truck before sundown. I’m taking the Truck Keys and I ain’t waiting for no slackers. You got that princess?”
Amanda: “Yeah we got it meat head. I just hope I can find a new dress this one’s in a frightful state. God! My world for a Versace or two.”
Jade: “Are you two jokers finished? Let’s find these dicks and get out of this place.”
Ed fetches his Sledgehammer out of the boot.
Ed: “Any Zombie tries to bite me and it’s going to have a pretty bad headache! Here Jade; take this Shovel. I don’t want to dig anymore graves with that thing. We’ve lost enough good folks already. Jenny take this spare can of Gasoline; maybe you can get us better transport if the Truck gets surrounded. Let’s split up!”
Amanda loads her Pump Shotgun and Ed starts with the HU: (melee) Killing Blow.

Turn 1
Ed takes the 1st wound at the Truck as a Disco era Zombie Shambles up on him as he Searches for more kit in the Truck boot. He ran from the attack into the Farmhouse and tended his wounds. Luckily he wasn’t bitten and just had a nasty scratch. Jade made her way into the Gym. Jenny tentatively entered the Gun Shop, hoping to find more shotgun shells. Jade had gained Endurance (+1 Wound).

Turn 2
Jenny leaves the Gun Shop. Her mind in turmoil with thoughts of her Father.
Jenny: “Maybe he made it…there’s nothing for it. I’ve Got To Get To The Farmhouse.”
Unbeknown to Jenny, Ed Searches for Survivors in the Farmhouse but the place was deserted. Jade hears a movement in the Gym.
Jade: “Show yourself dumbass! I’m having a pretty f**ked up day!”
Mr Hyde: “A week ago I would have given you detention for that. Thank God you found me. Is there others with you?”
Jade: “Shhhh…Did you hear that?”
Meanwhile Amanda made her way into the High School, all was quiet, the place had once been so full of life.
The Heroes had Searched 2/6 locations and found 1 Townsfolk.

Turn 3
Suddenly a Zombie smashed its way into the Farmhouse. This time Ed is ready and he brings the Sledgehammer around in a whirling arc of destruction. The Zombies head exploded with a strangely satisfying splat! Jade and Mr Hyde are attacked by a swarm of Zombies in the Gym and she’s wounded twice but she manages to kill a Zombie in H2H as Mr Hyde held it down. To his mounting horror Ed realized he’d been ZU: Secretly Bitten he wondered how long he’d got until the Infection took hold. Amanda Searches in the High School for Survivors the corpses were all that remained. Two Zombies had been attracted by the noise of Amanda’s high heels on the stone floor. She leveled her Shotgun at their maggot ridden heads.
Amanda: “I feel sorry for you, I mean dying wearing THAT!”
Both Zombies shook momentarily before stopping forever.
Amanda: “What the hell happened Jade you’re bleeding all over the place.”
Jade: “Shut it glamour bitch. Take Mr Hyde, get him out of here. I’m going to rest.”
Mr Hyde dutifully joined Amanda noting how Beautiful she was. Ed Searched in the Farmhouse and found a Torch.
The Heroes had Searched 3/6 locations

Turn 4
The High School is plunged into darkness as the Lights go Out. Jade’s Youth enables her to fully heal as she rests. Ed carries on Searching the Farmhouse and finds a Crate of Dynamite he discards his gore soaked Sledgehammer. Ed hears the screams of Amanda and Jade and throws some of his Dynamite at the feet of the unsuspecting Zombie.
Ed: “GET DOWN!”
The explosion rocked the farmhouse and shattered the High School windows. Ed now boosted his HU: Killing Blow. Mr Hyde now re-joined Jade.

Turn 5
Ed gets some Bandages. Jenny is leaped upon by an Explosive ZGW and the Vicious Attack tears out her throat killing her ‘almost’ instantly. A new Hero arrives at the Town Centre riding a horse. It’s Alice riding T.J. Thoroughbred. Ed throws another stick of Dynamite at an approaching Explosive GWZ in the Farmhouse. Half of the building collapsed in the blast. Amanda finds a Flashlight in the High School and Jade finds a Lighter on a body in the High School. Alice makes a dash into the relative safety of the Gun Shop.

Turn 6
A New Spawning Pit appeared in the Book Store and the Lights all went Out in the Gun Shop. The Terror at Timber Peakwas flooding back for Ed. Alice is attacked by the rotten man of steel but leaps upon T.J. Thoroughbred, she doesn’t get far before the terrified horse throws her and bolts.
Alice: “Someone help me. PLEASE!”
Lizzy: “This way child, we can get out of this.”
Alice had found a Townsfolk Survivor in the Gun Shop. Amanda kills the Rusty Axe GWZ with her Shotgun and picks up the HU: (ranged) Sharp Shooter. Ed kills another Zombie in the Cornfield with his last stick of Dynamite.
The Heroes had Searched 4/6 locations

Turn 7
Amanda is wounded in the High School and decides it’s time to escape. Jocks had always used the ST: Sewers to sneak off campus and it actually led right out to Farmer Sty’s fields. It was closely guarded secret which only she and a few girls knew. The price of this knowledge had saved her life.

Amanda: “Ewwww I don’t remember it being this gross. Don’t look down, don’t breathe girl.”
Amanda emerged close to The Barn to hear a commotion inside. She saw Ed pinned down and fired through the window with her Shotgun to kill a GWZ with a Rusty Axe. The damp of the sewer had finished off her Shotgun and she was forced to discard it. Ed heals Amanda’s wounds with some of his Bandages.
Ed: “Thanks for the rescue and if you didn’t stink so bad I’d kiss you.”
Amanda: “Is that the best you’ve got, hurry up and patch me up. Hey you’re not looking so well…”
Alice and Lizzy make a run into the Refinery. Jade and Mr Hyde take cover in the devastated Farmhouse.

Turn 8
Jade is wounded by the Explosive GWZ in the Farmhouse. ZU: Concussion Jade loses her Experience with the Amnesia.
Lizzy: “Don’t Go In The Refinery or The Barn they’ve both got their Lights Out and New Spawning Pits. I think it’s time to leave”.

Turn 9
Alice is attacked and killed, horribly in the Refinery as Lizzy hides in an oil drum. She listens to the sickening crunch of bone and the rending of sweet, innocent flesh. Lizzy’s voice echoes in the drum.
Lizzy: “What a way to go, mind you, better ‘er than me!”
The Zombies attention is drawn to the drum…
A new Hero arrives at the Town Centre it’s Sam armed with his trusty Meat Cleaver. Ed and Amanda are swarmed by Zombies and Ed manages to kill 2 of them in H2H delivering a Killing Blow with his club like arms. He gets a new HU: (special) Shrug It Off. Ed Searches The Barn for Survivors but everyone is dead. Ed kills another 2 Zombies in H2H he’d become a killing machine! Amanda is bitten in the attack.
Amanda: “Ed we need to get out of here I Feel Kinda Strange".
Ed heals her wound with his Bandages. Jade tries to leave the Farmhouse but is halted by the Locked Door. She’s forced to fight the Explosive GWZ and kills it in H2H the Zombie’s explosive drops to the floor and explodes killing Jade and leveling the Farmhouse. Mr Hyde is trapped in the falling debris. A new Hero arrives at the Town Centre its Rachelle armed with a Pitchfork, Revolver and a Flashlight. A Near Miss cancels Terror at Timber Peak.
The Heroes had Searched 5/6 locations

Turn 10
Sam is attacked by 2 Zombies and gets 1 wound off each. Ed kills 2 Zombies in H2H and boosts his HU: Shrug It Off. Unfortunately try as he might he couldn’t protect Amanda as she was torn out of his protective embrace, weakened by his Infection. The Town was lost and it was time to escape. Any remaining Survivors would just have to take their chances…

Result: Zombie Victory (4 Heroes killed)
Hero of the Game: Ed Baker (He Searched 2 locations and killed 11 Zombies)
Weapon of Choice: Hand to Hand (10 kills)
Undead kill count: 18

Upon Reflection:
I really thought the Heroes had got this one. Especially when the Sewers came into play. Unfortunately for the Heroes the Zombies came down there too and followed them to the Barn. It took the Heroes a long while to get rid of Terror at Timber Peak and that card’s a killer. They were also unlucky to lose a Hero in her 1st fight due to Vicious Attack that card has claimed more than 1 Hero. So the big question:
Is Timber Peak better as a Stand Alone or mix everything all in. After playing 10 Timber Peak games as Stand Alone and 1 game with everything mixed in I have to say I prefer it all mixed in variety is the spice of life! Each game is even more varied and with the Fire and experience it rocks. I love this game! I will play more games and keep you posted. Thank you for reading this.

Please take a moment to comment.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2013, 01:45 AM
RE: Hunt For Survivors LNoE + Every Expansion inc. Timber Peak
Nice writeup, this sounds like a lot of fun. The fire rules would definately add some spice to the base game.
06-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Glad to hear you like them together I feel the same way! Nice report too I have missed these!
06-11-2013, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 06:31 PM by Achtung Panzer.)
Top and entertaining write up. Did you choose not to play with the Fire rules? I thought explosions automatically started (big) fires.

I still prefer TP as a stand alone as the new characters, scenarios and rules seem to feel seperate to the LNOE experience - as of course they should as the setting is post the Woodinvale outbreak. Really looking forward to BITF!
06-11-2013, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 09:54 PM by samuraitrev.)
(06-11-2013 01:45 AM)D3ADST1CK Wrote:  Nice writeup, this sounds like a lot of fun. The fire rules would definately add some spice to the base game.

No fires were started on this game. Maybe next time Zombie17

(06-11-2013 12:35 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Glad to hear you like them together I feel the same way! Nice report too I have missed these!

I had you in mind putting this together as you requested more. Thanks for getting me back into Game Reports!

(06-11-2013 06:30 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  Top and entertaining write up. Did you choose not to play with the Fire rules? I thought explosions automatically started (big) fires.

I still prefer TP as a stand alone as the new characters, scenarios and rules seem to feel seperate to the LNOE experience - as of course they should as the setting is post the Woodinvale outbreak. Really looking forward to BITF!

The explosions were caused by Dynamite (which doesn't cause Fires) it's more of just a blast. Think Artz in Lost.
I think TP can be mixed in (technically and thematically) it doesn't have to be but it can be. Technically TP fits in smoothly with the existing rule sets e.g. Survival Decks, Grave Weapons, Barriers, Sewers, Advanced Abilities. Thematically the events of Woodinvale can be set after TP. For example TP could be destroyed and the TP characters survivors make it back to Woodinvale. Maybe to rescue someone or try to take back the town. If I was writing a game report I could come up with lots of reasons to use everything in one game/story.

Happy gaming

Would you guys like to see new Game Reports?
The reason I ask is they take me about 5 hours to put together which is a drag but I kinda like adding something to the community. Basically if the demand is there I will post more...
06-12-2013, 03:17 AM
nice write-up! I love your storytelling.

I really dig this scenario and have played it twice now. the first time the heroes played it we were so far down: we'd lost three heroes and we hadn't found a single weapon--barely had time to search in the hammering we were taking... but somehow we slipped past the zombies right at the end to make it to the truck. even the zombies were like, "oh, that was well done." I feel this scenario has the potential for that kind of payoff--it can turn on a dime. one of the joys of this game.

"with just a touch of my burning hand..."
06-12-2013, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 05:55 PM by samuraitrev.)
(06-12-2013 03:17 AM)aldrichgreg Wrote:  nice write-up! I love your storytelling.

Thank you for taking the time to read it.

(06-12-2013 03:17 AM)aldrichgreg Wrote:  I really dig this scenario and have played it twice now. the first time the heroes played it we were so far down: we'd lost three heroes and we hadn't found a single weapon--barely had time to search in the hammering we were taking... but somehow we slipped past the zombies right at the end to make it to the truck. even the zombies were like, "oh, that was well done." I feel this scenario has the potential for that kind of payoff--it can turn on a dime. one of the joys of this game.

I agree it's not a coincidence that many of the scenarios are really close. I have read that the FFP team play test their games sometimes for years before releasing them. Either way a great scenario and another reason why people should rush and buy this expansion. Plus you get the cool new characters and extra cards to add to your game!

Great win aldrichgreg!
07-08-2013, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2013 08:00 PM by alderdust.)
Its been a month I am having Game Report withdrawals.