Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hunt for Survivors question.
06-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Hunt for Survivors question.
My friend and I played the Hunt for Survivors scenario that comes with Hero Pack 1 and had some questions come up. For example, when you reveal one of the number counters, you then roll. If you wind up rolling the exact same number as what you revealed, then you roll again and have either found a new hero, or a Zombies Hero.

It says they now start in "the space." Well, the question we had about that is what do they mean by "the space?" Does the new Hero or Zombie Hero start in the space with the Hero who found him/her?

Also, if that is the case, if it was a Zombie Hero, does a fight happen right then and there?

If it was a regular Hero, do they get to do anything that round, or do they have to wait for the next round?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2013, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 09:29 PM by samuraitrev.)
RE: Hunt for Survivors question.
I looked on the scenario card, the rules you get with HP1 and my rule comendium on TZG and I can't find anything official. I would say if you're ever in doubt with anything always go with the spirit of the game. I think it's impossible to cover every combination of what can occur in this game due to the multitudes of cards, abilities and scenarios.

It does say the Hero immediately joins the Heroes on the scenario card, so I would say that Hero gets to have a Turn straight away.

Now normally (in play) when a Hero gets turned into a Zombie Hero they don't get to be activated until the next Zombie Turn but in this scenario the Hero gets to be activated immediately I would say the Zombie should be able to attack immediately attack too. Thematically it's like

"Jeez man are you ok? We were worried about you...we thought those things had got to you...Wait...You're not...YOU'RE A AIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!"
:crunch: :crunch: (gurgle, choke, gurgle.......)" Zombie05

Hope this helps, this is the way I would play it. (If all parties agreed)
06-04-2013, 10:15 PM
Gurgle choke gurgle....best sound effect ever that could put an image in my head!
06-04-2013, 11:28 PM
(06-04-2013 07:13 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  It says they now start in "the space." Well, the question we had about that is what do they mean by "the space?" Does the new Hero or Zombie Hero start in the space with the Hero who found him/her?

I don't have my HP1 rules with me so I'm relying on memory - the number counters aren't necessarily located in a specific space, right? They're placed in a building to represent that if you search in that building, you can choose to reveal the counter? If so, then it's logical to place the new Hero/Zombie Hero in the space of the Hero that revealed the counter.

(06-04-2013 07:13 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Also, if that is the case, if it was a Zombie Hero, does a fight happen right then and there?

I'd say yes - the Hero will Fight the Zombie Hero in the Fight Zombies phase of his/her turn.

(06-04-2013 07:13 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  If it was a regular Hero, do they get to do anything that round, or do they have to wait for the next round?

I'd also say yes - in my opinion, it takes too long if you wait until the next Hero turn before the new Hero moves.

So, I agree with everything samuraitrev just said Zombie17
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2013, 11:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 11:31 PM by samuraitrev.)
I forgot to mention that point so just to agree with Labrat. The Hero or Zombie Hero appears on the Searching Hero's space (The player who revealed the Number Counter).
06-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Thanks fellers. And, for the record, you are correct... the number tokens are thought to be on the building, not a specific spot in the building. Meaning you just have to get to the building to be able to reveal them instead of your search, you don't have to get to the specific spot.

That all makes sense to me, so that is how I would think I will likely play it going forward.