Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I Feel Kinda Strange - Question
01-03-2014, 12:42 AM
I Feel Kinda Strange - Question
I have a question about playing multiple 'I Feel Kinda Strange' cards.
Here is an example scenario.

(1) Hero is wounded
(2) 'I Feel Kinda Strange' is played
(3) 'I Feel Kinda Strange' is canceled (Strength of Spirit, Event Townsfolk ,etc.)

If the zombie player has ANOTHER 'I Feel Kinda Strange' in their hand can it be played after the 1st 'I Feel Kinda Strange' is canceled?
Or
Has the hero already taken a wound with the playing and canceling of the 1st 'I Feel Kinda Strange', and therefore another 'I Feel Kinda Strange' can not be played on the hero?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2014, 02:55 PM
RE: I Feel Kinda Strange - Question
Err on the side of the players.
"optimal timing" would be waiting until "Kinda strange" is done and over with; you can cancel it even once it's in play (YES: 'remains in play' cards can be canceled), by which time the wounding-event is gone.

Don't try to turn the game into slapjack or something else more complicated than it is.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Slapjack? What is that?

Anyway, I woiuld agree with this answer. The cards like "I Feel Kinda Strange" are only AS the hero takes a wound. So, if the hero is able to cancel it, you can't just automatically put another one on them, since they didn't take a wound in cancelling it. Unless they cancelled the card through the use of the Father's ability, or some other way that did cause a wound in order to cancel a card. Then, I could be wrong (I forget the exact wording of the card without seeing it) but I think then you could use it, because technically a wound did take place just then.
01-03-2014, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 06:46 PM by ch82.)
To me it would depend on the timing. If it is being cancelled before it is resolved then another one could be played. If it is being cancelled after being played another wound is required to trigger the condition.

1. Cancel a card in play (no you can't throw down another one without another wound)
2. Cancel a card on the stack as it is being played. (Yes you can go ahead and try and play another one)
01-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Note, LNOE isn't Magic, there's no "resolving" or "stack". Only a few odder/rarer edge cases like these.

Think of it as Kinda Strange replacing the wound.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2014, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2014 08:43 PM by samuraitrev.)
First of all I've never had this happen in all my games. So the chances of this are rare.

'Play this card on a Hero when they take a wound from a Zombie. The next time the Hero would be wounded, instead they are turned into a Zombie Hero.'

1) Hero takes a wound.
2) Zombie plays I Feel Kinda Strange.
3) Hero cancels I feel Kinda Strange.
End.

I will highlight the important text of the card
Play this card on a Hero when they take a wound from a Zombie.

This is clear cut to me. The Zombie can't play the second card unless another Hero is wounded by a Zombie.

Hope this helps and happy gaming.
01-05-2014, 03:59 PM
I would agree that the moment of the Hero taking the wound has passed once the first card is defeated. We play with the same kind of timing on other cards like Locked Door and Resilient. If the card is immediately defeated the critical moment has passed. It doesn't make thematic sense for the timing sensitive cards to be played back to back if the first attempt is defeated.

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
01-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone.
While this example is rare, it did happen to me the other day that is why I wanted to ask and get some opinions and clarification.
We played that the zombie player could NOT play consecutive 'I Feel Kinda Strange' cards.
So again thanks so much!
01-06-2014, 01:25 AM
(01-05-2014 09:01 PM)nichardo Wrote:  Thanks for the replies everyone.
While this example is rare, it did happen to me the other day that is why I wanted to ask and get some opinions and clarification.
We played that the zombie player could NOT play consecutive 'I Feel Kinda Strange' cards.
So again thanks so much!

You played it right. Good call.
01-06-2014, 02:38 PM
(01-03-2014 07:13 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Note, LNOE isn't Magic, there's no "resolving" or "stack". Only a few odder/rarer edge cases like these.

Think of it as Kinda Strange replacing the wound.

you can tell the games we play all tend to intermingle.

when he said stack and resolve. MTG is the first thing i thought of too!