Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I finally got a chance to use Becky/Father Joseph team
08-20-2012, 09:37 PM
I finally got a chance to use Becky/Father Joseph team
I have heard many of you rave about the team up of Becky the Nurse and Father Joseph. Their extra abilities compliment each other rather nicely. I finally got a chance to try this pairing myself over the weekend, and they are defintiely awesome together.

It actually happened completely by accident, as I almost always pick heroes at random. It really came in handy, because there were quite a few zombie cards that came into play that were very harmful to my heroes. I made sure to keep the two of them together at all times.

To be honest, I almost feel bad. The pairing almost seems unfair. LOL! But, really there is nothing unfair about it. It works with the way the game is set up. Plus, there are plenty of things on the zombie side that can come up luck of the draw that can seem just as bad for the opposing side. For example, I have seen it happen, more than once, where the zombies get several of the same cards that takes two of the heroes' turns away completely. Using them twice in a row can really screw over those two heroes.

Those cards do state they don't have to fight for the remainder of that round... but as you recall, zombies go first. So, that hero round technically IS the remainder of that round, meaning that gives zombies another chance to get to them in the new zombie round, and then they DO have to fight.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2012, 07:20 PM
RE: I finally got a chance to use Becky/Father Joseph team
Hi, yup yup. They are a great combination.

it really drives the heroes crazy when the zombies constantly target them too.

Insane21 you know that little red cross symbol on Becky's uniform. Well, to a Zombie. It looks like a bulls-eye of a target Insane16

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
08-21-2012, 07:50 PM
(08-21-2012 07:20 PM)PJON Wrote:  Hi, yup yup. They are a great combination.

it really drives the heroes crazy when the zombies constantly target them too.

Insane21 you know that little red cross symbol on Becky's uniform. Well, to a Zombie. It looks like a bulls-eye of a target Insane16

LOL! You know something? I bet it would be quite a bulls-eye for zombies. It is awfully noticeable, especially on a plain white outfit. Then again, after a while, I'm sure there would be plenty of extra red all over her white outfit to obscure the symbol a bit. ;-)
08-25-2012, 02:34 AM
I try to kill one of them right off the bat, and keep them apart with my zombies.

If they start together they are wicked.
08-27-2012, 07:46 PM
(08-25-2012 02:34 AM)Phantaskippy Wrote:  I try to kill one of them right off the bat, and keep them apart with my zombies.

If they start together they are wicked.

Definitely good advice to the zombie players out there. Split them up if you can, try to kill one or both if you cannot.

One strategy that could help would be to pile as many zombies on the two of them at once as you can. The heroes get to decide how to split the fights up, so you want several so Becky is forced to fight at least one or two. Becky is probably the easier of the two to take down because she can heal other characters, but not herself.

In addition to doing that, not a bad idea to use a fight card in as many of the fights as you can (remember, you can only use one per fight, but if they are fighting several zombies, you can use one for each fight if you have enough). After all, they may try to cancel them as Father Joseph, which would sort of cause them to go to waste... however, the Father has to take a wound to do that, so it is still worth your while to try either way.
08-28-2012, 12:58 PM
We play with a picks/bans system, and if the scenario has everyone start together I ban Father Joe, otherwise I just wait till they pick one and ban the other.
08-28-2012, 02:12 PM
I love this combination. As does the Heroes. After all, this game is more about skills and planning than dice rolling. And this sure is a strong combination.

What I really like about it, is that it makes the Heroes feel empowered. And it hurts sooo much more when this team falls apart as they fall victim to the undead hordes.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-28-2012, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2012 07:15 PM by StayPuft.)
That's the spirit, scary. ;-) I love this pair as well. I've yet to play as zombies and face them as a team, but it would be fun to see what I could do against them. However, using them as the hero team was muchly fun. Especially since, win or lose, it almost always seems to be quite a tough road for the heroes. So, when playing as the hero team, it can be nice to get something to make the zombies cringe for once. LOL!

Phantaskippy,

I am definitely all for that if your particular group is cool with it. As it is for me personally, though (as well as my gaming group), I tend to prefer picking heroes at random. If an awesome team like this happens to come up, that is simply the luck of the draw. Though, I guess I could kinda see using this banning method if the hero team tends to PICK there heroes rather than just picking randomly. Because if they hand pick the heroes, they could intentionally pick this team all the time.
08-30-2012, 06:46 AM
(08-28-2012 12:58 PM)Phantaskippy Wrote:  We play with a picks/bans system, and if the scenario has everyone start together I ban Father Joe, otherwise I just wait till they pick one and ban the other.

Control issues much? Watchmen02 Although I'm new to the game, I don't see any reason to force a player to pick a character I wouldnt agree with. Now if this combo was picked frequently and it's overpowered, which I guess it is going by this thread, I would probably curtail it every once in a while
08-30-2012, 07:17 PM
(08-30-2012 06:46 AM)ShastaHawk Wrote:  
(08-28-2012 12:58 PM)Phantaskippy Wrote:  We play with a picks/bans system, and if the scenario has everyone start together I ban Father Joe, otherwise I just wait till they pick one and ban the other.

Control issues much? Watchmen02 Although I'm new to the game, I don't see any reason to force a player to pick a character I wouldnt agree with. Now if this combo was picked frequently and it's overpowered, which I guess it is going by this thread, I would probably curtail it every once in a while

I know what you mean. I always just say you leave it up to the group. If the gaming group in question is okay with it and all agree to it, then I see no problem at all. But, I do typically agree with you, Shasta. I tend not to like the idea of constricting anything like this. Certainly helps if you just pick heroes at random.