Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I go both ways. ;-)
04-13-2013, 04:26 AM
RE: I go both ways. ;-)
I enjoy the challenge of playing against many opponents, but I lose my temper too fast.
I know it's just a game...but It isn't. It is a competition between who can be the biggest jerkwad!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Having not played that many games yet, I prefer heroes as I enjoy the teamwork. But I do like zombies... A lot. So I can see that changing when I have a few more games under my belt.
04-19-2013, 10:43 PM
(04-04-2013 07:59 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  I wonder if anybody else has noticed this pattern, or if it is different for others...

I have noticed that, of my friends, those who like zombies tend to enjoy either side (sometimes with a leaning towards on side or the other, but still enjoys both). I have noticed that my friends who aren't really zombie fans, but enjoy the game anyway, tend to prefer to play as the zombies.

Has this been the case for anybody else? I wonder why that is. Maybe it is because the zombie side is a little easier to pick up. There is less to worry about. Usually, the zombies aren't trying to complete any specific objective, they just want to kill heroes. Plus, with the heroes, you have to remember which is which, you have to remember to pay attention to their special abilities so you don't forget to use them, and so on.

I dunno. Anybody else seem to find that?

But, now let's go back to making more innuendo to take this thread into the gutter. ;-) LOL!

I prefer the heros actually. I do enjoy the occasional zombie romp and stomp, but I really get into the survivalist theme. No on to your trend comment, my wife dislikes all my zombie talk and the constant bombardment of zombie games, tv, books, movies, toys, clothing, ect (you guys know how long this list can be), but she will not play the heroes and always makes the zombie noises EVERY time she picks up a mini or plays a card. Also it drives me batty to see people try and play zombies with a "specific objective", like camping the truck, sitting on a supply token, hanging around a townsfolk token. Certain game groups just turn me off when they try that, and that's usually when I play zeds and hear the whining about the ensuing bloodbath.. Watchmen02

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-22-2013, 11:30 PM
(04-19-2013 10:43 PM)friskers96 Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 07:59 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  I wonder if anybody else has noticed this pattern, or if it is different for others...

I have noticed that, of my friends, those who like zombies tend to enjoy either side (sometimes with a leaning towards on side or the other, but still enjoys both). I have noticed that my friends who aren't really zombie fans, but enjoy the game anyway, tend to prefer to play as the zombies.

Has this been the case for anybody else? I wonder why that is. Maybe it is because the zombie side is a little easier to pick up. There is less to worry about. Usually, the zombies aren't trying to complete any specific objective, they just want to kill heroes. Plus, with the heroes, you have to remember which is which, you have to remember to pay attention to their special abilities so you don't forget to use them, and so on.

I dunno. Anybody else seem to find that?

But, now let's go back to making more innuendo to take this thread into the gutter. ;-) LOL!

I prefer the heros actually. I do enjoy the occasional zombie romp and stomp, but I really get into the survivalist theme. No on to your trend comment, my wife dislikes all my zombie talk and the constant bombardment of zombie games, tv, books, movies, toys, clothing, ect (you guys know how long this list can be), but she will not play the heroes and always makes the zombie noises EVERY time she picks up a mini or plays a card. Also it drives me batty to see people try and play zombies with a "specific objective", like camping the truck, sitting on a supply token, hanging around a townsfolk token. Certain game groups just turn me off when they try that, and that's usually when I play zeds and hear the whining about the ensuing bloodbath.. Watchmen02

LOL. See, too funny. Again, your wife is somebody who does not like zombies, yet she always insists upon playing as zombies. The trend continues! LOL!

I know what you mean too about playing the zombies strategically. Though, to be perfectly honest, it doesn't bother me. After all, at the same time as being a ZOMBIE board game, it is also just an awesome board game as it is. So, if you play as the zombies with a specific objective and strategy in mind, you may be missing the point thematically, but it can still make for a fun game.

Personally, I think it is a good idea to have some strategy, objective in mind. For example, in Escape in the Truck, I think it is a good idea to have at least one or two zombies waiting on the truck, but not your whole horde. Reason being, I like to play thematically, thinking the zombies are going to mostly be trying to find humans for a little late night meal. However, I can also thematically explain that maybe a few zombies wondered onto the truck and couldn't figure out how to get out, or didn't realize there were any humans around, hence why they hadn't bothered to move.

Over the weekend, my best friend and I played Burn it to the Ground, where you have to burn down the Manor House. He was zombies, so he left his zombies all in the Manor House for pretty much the whole game. So, sure, he played strategically rather than thematically. But, you know something? It actually made for a fun game. My heroes got to search A LOT and then any time I had a chance to douse one of the spawning pits with gasoline, it was quite a fight to get in there and survive. It even came pretty close, but in the end the zombies did win.

So, I definitely hear you on that. I always prefer to play the zombie side thematically, but without completely messing up my chances. Like, I will keep one or two in whatever area I need to protect or something like that. But, even when somebody plays strategically instead, it can still be a lot of fun.