Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I got A Touch of Evil for my birthday!!! :-)
06-08-2013, 01:01 AM
RE: I got A Touch of Evil for my birthday!!! :-)
Groovy. That is good to hear. When I play a board game, I typically prefer to play it with friends, but it is definitely good to know when I can play one by myself. The really cool thing about that is that then I can get a chance to play in between times when I get to play with friends. Pretty cool.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2013, 03:38 AM
(06-08-2013 01:01 AM)StayPuft Wrote:  Groovy. That is good to hear. When I play a board game, I typically prefer to play it with friends, but it is definitely good to know when I can play one by myself. The really cool thing about that is that then I can get a chance to play in between times when I get to play with friends. Pretty cool.

Understood. Though since in ATOE (& FanG as well) it is player(s) vs game in the co-op & solo modes, I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the narrative that emerges & the level of competition that the game provides, even without other players. Watchmen02 Though it may not replace gaming with others, especially given the lack of social interaction, at least it still can provide highly enjoyable & satisfying sessions for those whom that isn't an option. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
06-08-2013, 03:03 PM
I for one get completely 'lost' in the game / story when playing solo. If you're honest with yourself about the cards being played or actions chosen you won't necessarily miss playing a live opponent.
06-13-2013, 01:38 AM
I definitely think I am going to love playing the solo. I mean, as I said, I tend to prefer to play board games with friends, but that doesn't mean I don't think I'd enjoy playing a game solo that is designed to potentially be played that way. I have to agree with Achtung. I think that will likely be exactly what happens when I play solo. As it is, when I have played games like this in a group, I love to think of it as a story anyway.

I am definitely very excited to give it a try soon solo, though of course I will still also bring it to my gaming group and with friends.