Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have always been something of a "hopeless romantic."
07-03-2013, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 11:20 PM by alderdust.)
RE: I have always been something of a "hopeless romantic."
This thread kind makes me gag lol it's too lovey dovey
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2013, 07:51 PM
RE: I have always been something of a "hopeless romantic."
(07-02-2013 02:28 PM)Wasteland Jack Wrote:  I think it is not only brave of you to admit your feelings, but also a necessity for growing stronger. I too am plagued with self-esteem issue as I imagine many of the worlds people are. I think the strength within comes from admitting who you are and what you really want out of life.

A friend always tells me, "If it makes you happy, why be ashamed of doing it?" I have been trying to live my life using his mantra as support, and it is slowly working.

So, do not deny anything of yourself, if you are a hopeless romantic, so be it. Move with it and roll. Find that one true person who makes you comfortable being you. It may be a long search, but ultimately they will fall in love with the real you, not the you you have been pretending to be.

Sometimes I babble nonsensically too. I don't know if you understand what I was getting at with my ramblings, but if you did, I hope it helps.

-W.J.

I guess I wouldn't say I was "pretending to be somebody I was not." More so, being in a bad relationship, I felt like I sort of lost part of myself. I kind of didn't know who I was anymore. Getting out of a bad situation is what slowly helped me to find myself again. And though my self-esteem is still small enough that I don't really think I am all that great, it has developed enough that I want the chance to find the woman who will.

Jack, I definitely understand you. In many ways, you and I are like two peas in a pod. ;-) Thank you for your kind words and advice.

(07-02-2013 02:51 PM)soundguy Wrote:  great post.. both of you!

(07-02-2013 09:20 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  Good luck with the future staypuft and Wasteland Jack. You both have the right attitudes and it's now a matter of 'when' and not if. Hang in there fellas and the right person will come along. I know it's so easy to say but I've said before I'm a great believer in karma and your time will come, maybe sooner than you thinkWatchmen02

Thank you to you both. I hope you are right, Samurai. Sometimes it is hard to believe that. Then again, sometimes when things seem at the worst, when things seem like they couldn't possibly get any worse... sometimes they don't. Sometimes they actually get better. I am paraphrasing a quote from Scream 4 (because I couldn't remember the exact quote), but funny enough you often find inspiration in the strangest places. Sometimes, my life has actually proven that to be true. So, I only hope some day I can look back at al that I went through and be happy because, in the end, it led me to my true soulmate. But, if not, at least it led me to be happy with me.

(07-03-2013 12:55 AM)MoonSylver Wrote:  I used to be. Having been married for 16 years to have her shank me & break it off pretty much cured me of that. It's been 2 years since the seperation, going on a year since the dissolution, & I'm still just as done with all of it as ever, with no sign of that changing any time soon. Oh well. That's life.

I am really sorry to hear that. I hope you are able to find your way out of that sometime soon. In whatever way that means for you. If it means you find happiness in yourself and decide that is how it is best, so be it. If it means you get back to where you once belonged (now I am quoting the Beatles) and eventually find your true soulmate, then so be it. Either way, I hope you find the happiness we now both seek.

PJON,

For the record, I think you are awesome. I think I also speak for a lot of us here when I say that. ;-) Sorry to hear of the things you have gone through, but it sounds like it has at least not changed you for the worse. When you find happiness in yourself, it becomes so much easier to eventually find somebody with whom you can share it, or if not, to at least be happy with you. Good luck.

MoonSylver,

You aren't derailing my thread. Quite frankly, I was flattered to see so many people responded so much. I really just did it because it felt good to get it out. I hoped maybe a couple people would read it, I'd maybe get one or two words of encouragement from people, and that is that. I was flattered to see how many people have responded, and see the nice things they had to say.

I, for one, definitely understand what you are going through. I mean, I've never been through it, I'm sure, to the level you have had to suffer through, but I have dealt with my own demons. Good luck, my friend. The most important thing you can do in a situation like that is to acknowledge the issue, and do your best to get the help you need. I have known people who just lay back and become determined that this is their lot in life. They give up and refuse to do anything about it. To me, that in unacceptable. It may not be easy, but who ever said life was easy? It is your life to live, and you only get one. If you can work hard to find a way to make it a good one, isn't it worth it in the end? Good luck, my friend. As I said above, I hope you find your true happiness in life.

(07-03-2013 11:20 PM)alderdust Wrote:  This thread kind makes me gag lol it's too lovey dovey

LOL! Sorry. Okay, want to tell some poop and fart jokes, and talk about car crashes and gory movies now? ;-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply