Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I lost on turn 6 playing Defend the Manor..?
04-04-2011, 10:16 PM
RE: I lost on turn 6 playing Defend the Manor..?
Since my Heroes got completely crushed in this scenario last time around, I was thinking of adding some optional rules to help them a little bit, like starting cards and free search markers. Of course, this would mean letting my zombie girlfriend add some Grave Dead, but I think it'll be worth it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2011, 10:39 AM
"Heroes Always Replenish" would be a really helpful extra for the good guys on this one.
04-07-2011, 04:04 PM
(04-05-2011 10:39 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  "Heroes Always Replenish" would be a really helpful extra for the good guys on this one.

So true. I'll try to convince the girlfriend to let me....
04-11-2011, 09:51 PM
the bigest thing I've found is camping, it doesn't work most of the time. If the zombies are closing in, run to a new building and search there. I can't even count how many times a player has though I can search one more turn, or I have 3 wounds and its only 2 zombies I'll be fine. than BAM dead Insane21
04-11-2011, 10:24 PM
(04-11-2011 09:51 PM)thegamelord Wrote:  the bigest thing I've found is camping, it doesn't work most of the time. If the zombies are closing in, run to a new building and search there. I can't even count how many times a player has though I can search one more turn, or I have 3 wounds and its only 2 zombies I'll be fine. than BAM dead Insane21

True. Especially the Youth, with only 2 Wounds. Lost Billy like that, the other day. One minute he was fine, the other he was craving for brains.
04-11-2011, 10:36 PM
try something like the free search tokens (if you have the expansion)
Or just letting the heroes start with one hero card each.
04-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Ahhh...I don't think this one is that difficult for Heroes. If you immediately "card it up" as we call it when we play...get cards while Sheriff picks off a few zombies here and there and use your "tanks" like Sam, to have the zombies hunger to him as opposed to the zombies going in the manor, it really isn't too bad. I've definitely lost as Heroes but I win more than I lose.
04-14-2011, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2011 04:54 PM by Patient Zero.)
I always found that the manor was a hero snuffer mission and never seen them even come close to singing that scenario. It's not you, it's the scenario balance on that one. I suspect that the scenario needs to have additional hero cards assigned at the start or free search markers in the 4 manor sub rooms...

some of the ideas mentions on some of the posts though seems really interesting. Using Zombie Hunger as a weapon would be interesting, especially if someone near by had a shotgun...

"If we are very lucky and start running now we might get out of this alive or merely dead"
04-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Zombie Hunger, and not allowing any of the good guys to get isolated unless it's deliberate bait. I've found hunkering down suicidal.

Like any scenario, however, luck die/dice rolls and to a degree the draw of the cards can swing a game too. I'm sure we've all been there at some stage where you roll nothing but one's for nearly every gun you get.

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
04-19-2011, 02:46 PM
I played this scenario as the zombies with a number of people and found that I would always get to a point where I thought, I totally got this, and then bupkiss. Make sure to use the zombie hunger and map to your advantage, for instance use the cornfield and zombies will have to try and attack you but might not even get the chance.