Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
I need a game case that fits all the expansions
12-05-2012, 05:40 AM
I need a game case that fits all the expansions
I have nearly a complete collection, with the exception of the web supplements. While GH's box was designed to hold more, it cant hold all the heroes and scenarios, and the decks are just too big for it. Also some of the boards are slightly warped. Id like to get a good sized game case to put everything in, anyone have a good recommendation?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2012, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 06:24 AM by ZombieWaffle.)
RE: I need a game case that fits all the expansions
(12-05-2012 05:40 AM)RaidCasto Wrote:  I have nearly a complete collection, with the exception of the web supplements. While GH's box was designed to hold more, it cant hold all the heroes and scenarios, and the decks are just too big for it. Also some of the boards are slightly warped. Id like to get a good sized game case to put everything in, anyone have a good recommendation?

Check your local hardware store for toolboxes, mine (pictured in the thread about cases for the game) fits EVERYTHING, all web supps and expansions thru TP. It was around 35 bucks and you should be able to find it online easily enough, Search Aluminum Tool Case

heres what i found: http://www.markertek.com/Tools-Test-Equi...MgodiAIAww

Take that, you mealy-mouthed bastards!
12-05-2012, 09:06 AM
That looks pretty nice!
12-05-2012, 09:53 AM
I agree with ZombieWaffle.
Got exactly the same and everything fits in and is well protected.
12-05-2012, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 01:57 PM by ZombieWaffle.)
(12-05-2012 09:53 AM)zelectah Wrote:  I agree with ZombieWaffle.
Got exactly the same and everything fits in and is well protected.

Yep and it comes with a block of pluck foam, and those dividers you see in the picture can be moved basically into any spot or configuration. Also the inside of the lid (which is pictured with the sleeves for tools and whatnot at that link) can be taken out. I keep it in and have a folder behind it with all the rulebooks and printed material that is not on the cardstock.

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...age?page=4 pages 3 and 4 have pictures of what I did with it. Although the organization on the inside has changed a bit to accommodate new material.

12-05-2012, 02:06 PM
(12-05-2012 06:22 AM)ZombieWaffle Wrote:  
(12-05-2012 05:40 AM)RaidCasto Wrote:  I have nearly a complete collection, with the exception of the web supplements. While GH's box was designed to hold more, it cant hold all the heroes and scenarios, and the decks are just too big for it. Also some of the boards are slightly warped. Id like to get a good sized game case to put everything in, anyone have a good recommendation?

Check your local hardware store for toolboxes, mine (pictured in the thread about cases for the game) fits EVERYTHING, all web supps and expansions thru TP. It was around 35 bucks and you should be able to find it online easily enough, Search Aluminum Tool Case

heres what i found: http://www.markertek.com/Tools-Test-Equi...MgodiAIAww

Does it fit your cards sleeved or unsleeved? Is there room to grow some or is it packed pretty tight?
12-05-2012, 02:39 PM
[/quote]

Does it fit your cards sleeved or unsleeved? Is there room to grow some or is it packed pretty tight?
[/quote]

You wrote in a different thread that you got 395 cards, right?
I got mine 200 sleeved (green and black) and there is space for around 400 more. So you shouldn't have any problem fitting everything in.
12-05-2012, 02:48 PM
i have my cards in ultra pro deckboxes, and they are not in sleeves, idk if they would fit with sleeves without upgrading sizes. as it is it's getting pretty crowded in there sooo..

12-06-2012, 04:37 AM

[/quote]

I got mine 200 sleeved (green and black) and there is space for around 400 more. So you shouldn't have any problem fitting everything in.
[/quote]

Yeah that's right I have them currently held in 2 x 8 deck blackjack discard tray and should have room for a growing hunger like expansion. Now just looking for some new ways to store and travel with the game.

Anyone have ideas on the best sized plastic containers to hold the tokens? Both large and small.
12-06-2012, 01:23 PM
(12-06-2012 04:37 AM)alderdust Wrote:  
(12-05-2012 02:39 PM)zelectah Wrote:  

[/quote]

Yeah that's right I have them currently held in 2 x 8 deck blackjack discard tray and should have room for a growing hunger like expansion. Now just looking for some new ways to store and travel with the game.

Anyone have ideas on the best sized plastic containers to hold the tokens? Both large and small.
[/quote]

I actually found a small plastic tackle--box organizer thing too, with removable inserts. Its currently holding all the tokens and dice, and even has a larger tray for the bigger stuff from "Lights out " and "Taken Over" to the meteor, truck, and other large pieces.