Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I think i'm thinning my paint too much
02-09-2012, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2012 06:14 PM by samuraitrev.)
RE: I think i'm thinning my paint too much
Or 5.5.5.5 add another highlight to that highlight etcWatchmen02 Did I smell the putrid stench of a new Zombie painter? Ah ha have a look at these hopefully they will help. If anything's unclear ask me or any of the other paint guys.

For Zombies http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...ied-Matter

For thinning that pesky paint http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thread-How-to-apply-a-smooth-layer-of-paint-Samurai-style

Hope this helps drkbluexg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2012, 07:40 PM
See! I told ya he would come! Mwuhahahahahaaaaaahhrrgghhh!

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2012, 01:29 AM
Thanks everybody. I will post a pic as soon as I can. I wanna at least get a couple more finished before I do. But after looking at them, I think I might be trying to perfect the Zeds a little TOO much. Some of them are almost a little purty for them to be undead. Like, one of them has a bronze belt buckle kind of purty lol
02-11-2012, 12:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2012 01:00 AM by DrkBlueXG.)
Here's a pic of the first three. They are pretty much done.
What's a good brush to use for finer details, like eyes for example? I have fine brushes but they still seem to paint outside the region for the eye.

02-11-2012, 02:38 AM
Pretty cool outcome. As for eyes, I have never painted an eye to save me!! I just save it for the wash and some facial hi-lighting.
02-11-2012, 05:03 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2012 05:04 AM by vikinglad.)
Nice. They have a good, grimey look to them that I like. +1 rep for giving it a try and posting the results.

I never do the whites of the eyes either. Mine come out with a sort of day-dreamy look when i do it. Like the phantomninja, I let the wash provide a natural shadow in the eye area that comes out looking much more real when i do it. I have seen others have great success painting the actual eyes, but I don't have it down yet.
02-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Painting eyes is just realy hard and there are different techniques to do them.
One is just painting the white in the eyes and then use a very thin black marker and nust "dot" the center.
And a second technic is working the other way around.
Paint the eyes dark en the just use a little white paint on both sides of the iris.
That way is harder then the first one but it does provide you with the chance to give people different colors of eyes.

It is hard to not have your figures looking like a retard or in one funny way. When I do it it is just plain luck to get them right Zombie17

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user