Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I think my gaming group is starting to die out. :-(
01-24-2013, 09:27 PM
Sad I think my gaming group is starting to die out. :-(
Sadly, I think my gaming group is starting to die out. :-(

Honestly, I can't complain. We had a pretty darn good run. We have been going strong for about 6 months now. I honestly never thought it would take off even that much.

But, unfortunately, one by one, our regulars all keep winding up having busy work schedules, busy personal lives, or whatever else that is tying them up and making them unable to come. Even I have had things come up here and there and not been able to come. We didn’t necessarily do every week, but we tended to do most.

Whenever I am available, I will certainly plan to swing by for my game nights if anybody else can make it. So, hopefully I am wrong and we do still have our game nights from time to time. But, I am starting to get the feeling like it is dying out. Thankfully, we have a message board we set up specifically so we could keep each other updated with our availability. The last thing I would ever want is for somebody to get there and wind up being the only one there.

I am also very likely going to eventually start having my own game nights at my place from time to time. So, that way, my gaming buddies and I can plan it out for when it works better for us all. It is just that, having the gaming night at the comic shop was a lot more convenient for everybody. Oh well. Good things can’t always last. Hopefully we still meet up from time to time. Hopefully I can start having game nights sometimes at my place. Hopefully my best friend will continue to enjoy playing as well. I would hate to suddenly basically never get to play this game, getting only to play once in a while. I am too obsessed with this game to accept that. LOL!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: I think my gaming group is starting to die out. :-(
Sad to hear that staypuft I know how busy life can be with a full time job and a family. The thing is I always try to make sure I game at least once every 2 weeks. Otherwise it's all work and sleep and that would suck. I hope the game nights take off at your place. Save some room in your fridge for my beers. Who do you wanna be Zombies or Heroes? I'm on my way!

Good luck mate.
01-24-2013, 10:36 PM
I planned for this eventuality some 15 years ago.

I got married and had two kids. Watchmen02
01-24-2013, 10:37 PM
If it makes you feel better I only get together to play with my normal "game group" about every 4-6 months but its normally a 24 hour marathon
01-24-2013, 11:21 PM
I've never even had the chance to have a gaming group of my own. I frequently play with my nephew (who lives in the same house) and my girlfriend. So, your group did have a good run.

I'm sure it's not going to die out completely, hopefully there's going to be two or three die-hards that'll keep playing on a semi-regular basis.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-25-2013, 12:57 AM
I generally just play with my girlfriend who luckily loves the same games I do. I also have some friends that I can get to play from time to time..but my condolences to your group Insane19 that's really sad, I can't imagine losing a whole group..that sucks. Best of luck with the games at your house though!!!

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
01-25-2013, 03:06 PM
My condolences as well.

My buddy and I have tried to get a game group going at least once a month, but most of the time it is just him and I. While FFG are fun with two people I think the games are not as in depth. Less Event cards are pulled. Less going on on the board.

I have declared that on my birthday I am requiring all attendees to play at least one game of ATOE or FANG. Then I will serve them cake. You can always bribe people with delicious cake.
01-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Sucks, Staypuft. My board gaming time's all-but-dead since a core couple left town... Those I still have around who I play board games with are in the "I always want to play something new" mode.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Mine's been dead for eons Zombie04

We had a Game of the SPI War in Europe WWI Varient
(one if those 30 miles to a hex Finland-Persian Gulf-
Division level-held over 3 weeks in a garage) & by the
end of it everyone was sick of each other.

It dwindled down to around 5 & they slipped
away over the years.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
01-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Sorry to hear about everybody else's stories of woe. Sounds like none of us are getting to play our beloved game(s) as much as we'd like. Then again, we could get to play every day and it wouldn't be enough. LOL!

Samurai,

If you can make it way over here then you are more than welcome. LOL!

Anyways, hopefully my group and I will still be able to meet sometimes. The few guys who do still come I know still want to come. Especially the one guy who is just as obsessed with zombies as I am, and has EVERY expansion for this game. So, it is at least good to know that they would be there if they could. I tend to have self-esteem issues and can't help but think it is me. LOL! That, or they don't like the games we play, or something. But, in this case, I know these guys want to be there, but have just gotten busy.