Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want my money back!
10-05-2009, 07:15 PM
I want my money back!
So I was looking at the Hero Pack minis, and saw that they are a SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT SHADE of gray! How am I supposed to bring myself to play this game if the minis are not all the exact same color?!

Plus, and perhaps worse, the fronts and backs of all the Hero cards are not printed in the same orientation! The Hero Pack and Something Wicked Hero character cards are "upside down" compared to the original eight!

With such a disturbing lack of quality control, I don't know why Flying Frog even bothers with putting out new games!!

SORRY...with some of the threads I have seen, namely on BoardGameGeek, I was just stunned that I hadn't read the above yet...=P

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2009, 08:46 PM
RE: I want my money back!
I think the users here on the board are a little bit more tightly knit then the ones at bgg. For the most part, they seem nicer too. Maybe that's just me and I'm a little partial to this board...

Zombie03

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
10-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Well, agreed...=) I hadn't even seen this pop up over there, which has shocked me.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
10-05-2009, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2009 09:17 PM by mqstout.)
I was annoyed this weekend, when I finally added the little ATOE expansions to my set (The Allies, etc), that the backs of the cards were not the same color as the rest. I considered it minor, since all those decks are rather large, they're always public, and that I don't play it enough that anyone could learn to recognize the off-back cards.

However, I noticed the very same issue (and much more egregiously) on the back of the LNOE and LNOE:GH heros. One's rather lighter compared to the other. My players can easily recognize this and optimize their random choice from a fan to get a GH or base-set hero. We've switched to shuffling/dealing.

EDIT: I am terribly happy with the games and they're a lot of fun. However, they're putting them out as AAA titles at AAA prices (which, in general, they are and are worth), but the expansions and small sets do seem to have rather low quality control. I sometimes wonder if FFG is trying to "bite off more than they can chew" as it were.
10-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Board game guys are a very finicky bunch....

I agree quality control is important, especially for cards that are supposed to intermingle.

However, I rarely participate in the forums over at BGG....Those people are too whiney and opinionated!

Zalgo....he comes.
10-05-2009, 10:51 PM
:P I really had not noticed,the post on the SWTWC Cards being larger has caused me to keep checking but mine are the
same size.:rolleyes:

I was upset about the dark/light LNoE Boards but when FFP
made a lighter set available I've never bothered to get
them.

Maybe it BGG-I tend to whine there myself Zombie03

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
10-15-2009, 09:49 PM
The BGG folks are for the most part a bunch of whiny prats! Honestly I don't get too upset about minor things. Stuff being a little different in print colour/shade doesn't bother me. I just go out and get some black back card sleeves and fixes the problem.

The greater enjoyment I get out of the game FAR OUTWEIGHS the minor shit some people opt to bitch and moan about.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
10-16-2009, 12:07 AM
i might have complained if i had that game.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
10-23-2009, 02:14 AM
i don't care if boards are lighter cards are a tit bright whatever man. deal em shuffle em take the one from the top just gimme morE!

er, brains.

yap
10-24-2009, 11:14 AM
HA!!!

Thread started on BGG the day after I started this one!!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/449773