Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want to watch a zombie film...
06-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Question I want to watch a zombie film...
Which ones are your favorites?

I've seen Shaun of The Dead... which is my favorite... but I want to watch a scary one... but one that isn't hokey... anyone know of any?

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2008, 08:14 PM
RE: I want to watch a zombie film...
Frankly finding a scary Zombie flick ain't easy now days.
I remember seeing part of an old 30's flick on TV years ago
"White Zombie"I think that was scary.

Of course Night of the Living Dead is right up there.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
06-28-2008, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2008 09:12 PM by zombie67.)
Obviously, the all time classic zombie film is Dawn of the Dead! You can't beat that for Z-Thrills but even I, who is a self-proclaimed addict of that film, wouldn't say its actually scary.

The film I would recommend at the moment, which sort of has zombies in (not going to say anymore) is [.REC]:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1038988/

This is the first film that has genuinely scared me in 25-30 years (I'm 40). I think I am right in saying the American remake was put in production whilst the Spanish original was still being made.

I whole-heartedly recommend it!!
06-29-2008, 04:11 AM
zombie67 Wrote:Obviously, the all time classic zombie film is Dawn of the Dead! You can't beat that for Z-Thrills but even I, who is a self-proclaimed addict of that film, wouldn't say its actually scary.

The film I would recommend at the moment, which sort of has zombies in (not going to say anymore) is [.REC]:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1038988/

This is the first film that has genuinely scared me in 25-30 years (I'm 40). I think I am right in saying the American remake was put in production whilst the Spanish original was still being made.

I whole-heartedly recommend it!!
06-29-2008, 04:13 AM
I am a huge fan of the original Dawn of the dead- my favorite Zombie film of all time... however, to me, it was not scary... For Scare, I am a bigger fan of the Remake of Dawn of the Dead..

There was also a zombie film I loved as a kid (1970's)... a group of people go to an island and it is infested? Anyone know the name of this one... ?
06-29-2008, 05:32 AM
Doraz Wrote:I am a huge fan of the original Dawn of the dead- my favorite Zombie film of all time... however, to me, it was not scary... For Scare, I am a bigger fan of the Remake of Dawn of the Dead..

There was also a zombie film I loved as a kid (1970's)... a group of people go to an island and it is infested? Anyone know the name of this one... ?

It was probably the wonderful Zombie Flesh Eaters aka Zombi 2:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080057/

Directed by Lucio Fulci, the director of such Italian classics as The Beyond (US: Seven Doors of Death), The House by the Cemetery and City of the Living Dead (Gates of Hell).

The film was made as an unofficial sequel to Dawn of the Dead, which had been released in Italy as Zombi.

The most famous scene that people refer to is a zombie pull a woman's eye onto a splinter of wood and you seeing it going right in.

There is also an amazing scene of an underwater fight between a zombie and a shark!

Well, worth a look as are other Fulci films.
06-29-2008, 05:39 AM
I don't think that was it... the scene that left an impression on me, was a guy making a run from it from a house (i think)... he gets caught and eaten... and you see the zombies pulling his intenstins out like sausage links...
06-29-2008, 05:43 AM
I would also recommend the 2004 Dawn remake.

I went to the cinema expecting and to a certain extent wanting to dislike the film, as I love the original so much but I was taken by surprise at how good the film was. The opening section including the credits (with the great Johnny Cash song "The Man Comes Around - another contender for our soundtrack) is unbelievable and took me totally by surprise.

If you do watch it make sure you keep watching the end credits!

The only thing that some don't like are the running zombies....they all must have Shamble cards and are rolling 6's!

Oh and whatever you do don't bother with the Day of the Dead remake..its bloody awful! The zombies don't just run they leap and crawl across ceilings!!

Watch the original Day of the Dead, its a 100 times better!!
07-09-2008, 04:01 AM
For not quite zombie zombies...

The 28 days/28 weeks later series is fantastic. Bloody, tense, paranoia...

Another one of my favorites is SLITHER....the only zombies are 'Sci Fi parasite shamblers' but it is still great fun. I love the tongue in cheek humor in it. I have to say it's one of my favorite 'horror' movies of the past 10 years or so.
07-09-2008, 08:29 AM
SLITHER was awesome. It has some very good scenes in it. The Fat Woman...jezus Zombie17 Zombie17

28 DAYS later was great but I was so disapointed with 28 WEEKS later. I thought it was total crap. Some scary parts here and there but that was about it. While 28 DAYS had something new, something eerie, WEEKS on the other hand...well I just had the feeling I got rolled over and got *beeped* in the ass once more by the moneyhungry moviebusiness.
I just hate it when they take a good indy movie and then screw it over with a sequel just because the first one turned out to be a hit (on dvd mostly).

I am the reason God stopped watching.