Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IFOS Pre-orders and new stuff on the webstore!
08-17-2010, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2010 10:43 PM by soundgirl.)
IFOS Pre-orders and new stuff on the webstore!
Hi Everyone,
I'm happy to announce that we've put up the official pre-order for 'Invasion from Outer Space'! We've put together a special Limited Edition Pre-order Pack that includes two alternate image promo cards, two exclusive promo 1" buttons, and the two Martian Champion Figures (The Zard Beast and the Martian Leader) in limited edition Red color. This Limited Edition Pre-Order Pack is only available until September 25th and only while supplies last. Remember that we ship these pre-orders out as soon as we receive the product, and we send them in the order that we received the pre-orders.

We're also excited to present some new items that we debuted at Gen Con. We have Zombie Martians! These are a great preview of the Martian miniatures that will be in the upcoming Invasion from Outer Space game, but we made them in alternate colors so that they are useful in crossover games of IFOS/LNOE. When a zombie kills a martian, the martian can rise again as a zombie, hence martians in zombie brown and zombie green colors! Besides the cool new minis, we've also added new 1" buttons - these were a huge hit at GenCon and now we have them available for everyone in the Web Store.

Here's the links:
IFOS Pre-Orders USA customers: http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFrogPr....bok?no=63
IFOS Pre-orders International customers: http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFrogPr....bok?no=62
Zombie Martians Brown OR Green: http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFrogPr....bok?no=60
Zombie Martians Brown AND Green set: http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFrogPr....bok?no=61
1" Buttons (Individual buttons): http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFrogPr....bok?no=64
1" Buttons set of 8: http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFrogPr....bok?no=65
1" Buttons one of each of the 18 designs: http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFrogPr....bok?no=66
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2010, 11:57 PM
RE: IFOS Pre-orders and new stuff on the webstore!
Can someone explain why FFP's website charges more than several brick and mortar stores? You would think they wouldn't charge MSRP if it's through their store.
Find all posts by this user
08-19-2010, 01:02 AM
Orguss Wrote:Can someone explain why FFP's website charges more than several brick and mortar stores? You would think they wouldn't charge MSRP if it's through their store.

FFP nor any other Game Producer cannot undercut their
MSRP,it would undercut their distribution network.In a
sense it would put them in competition with the B&M
that buy their games.

B & M are however free to discount the price more & god
knows the online's discounters will be 20-30% off MSRP.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
08-19-2010, 02:49 AM
Thanks for letting us know about this, Soundgirl! I placed my preorder!

I'll probably want the zombie martians eventually, too...
08-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Pre-ordered mine and honestly I don't mind paying a little extra if it is going straight to the company itself. As Dwarf has said it I wanted it for less then I buy it online somewhere else or from my FLGS however I also like the extra promos and what not that Flying Frog offers so I am willing to pay the extra cash.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
08-19-2010, 10:41 PM
Except it doesn't seem like that. The promo is a zard beast and martian overlord... in red. The game will itself include those in blue, right? Plus most will of have painted them anyways. 2 1 dollar buttons. And two alternate art promos, and while I am a big fan of that... it's not worth it to me.

2 buttons = 2 dollars.
2 minis while prolly not as cheap as zombies, wouldn't be too much... say 10 for both? 12 now so, in this instance I'm paying 10 dollars for 2 promo cards?

I'm getting it 22 dollars cheaper, plus no shipping. So factor another 4-5? For 30 more... I'd expect a little bit more. That's just me, though.
08-19-2010, 11:44 PM
It comes down to what its worth to you & you go with it.I pre order from FFp simply to get the Games ASAP & not have to wait,
its worth getting it in August rather than wait till October.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
08-20-2010, 01:18 AM
Old Dwarf Wrote:It comes down to what its worth to you & you go with it.I pre order from FFp simply to get the Games ASAP & not have to wait,
its worth getting it in August rather than wait till October.

OD

Agreed.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
08-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Orguss Wrote:Except it doesn't seem like that. The promo is a zard beast and martian overlord... in red. The game will itself include those in blue, right? Plus most will of have painted them anyways. 2 1 dollar buttons. And two alternate art promos, and while I am a big fan of that... it's not worth it to me.

2 buttons = 2 dollars.
2 minis while prolly not as cheap as zombies, wouldn't be too much... say 10 for both? 12 now so, in this instance I'm paying 10 dollars for 2 promo cards?

I'm getting it 22 dollars cheaper, plus no shipping. So factor another 4-5? For 30 more... I'd expect a little bit more. That's just me, though.

There can be unannounced bonuses as well. Signed promo cards, or other high-value, hard to obtain items. Flying Frog or private sellers are the only way to get them.