Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ILL Met at Eightpoints#4A(No Mercy)
04-09-2022, 10:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2022 10:13 PM by Old Dwarf.)

Garrek has pulled his warband out of the Screaming Coil confident the bloodshed in their battles with the
Eyes of the Nine appeased Khrone. He has led his fighters into the foothills of The Fangs Mts seeking to carve
out a territory. The Reavers have found a protected valley & proceed to explore it, discovering the valley is
filled with a foul stench of decay & decide to move on further into the mountains.

Their progress has been noted by unfriendly eyes, Gnarl of Grashrak's Despoilers on sentry duty on the boundry of
the Despoilers Territory has noted the Reavers trespass & has signaled back to his warband. Grashrak Fellhoof has
assembled his warband in a show of force to ward off the humans who dare to enter his territory.

The Reavers find the Despoilers blocking their exit from the valley & Garrek throws his fighters at the Beastmen.
Arnulf charges Usakor

Garshrak responds by moving on Garrek & issuing a Primal Curse which glances off Garrek (2damage)

Saek charges Draknar

Murghoth moves to attack Saek his spear just catching the Reaver(2damage)

Garrek closes on Garshrak & delivers a Decapitating Strike with his axe(9damage)

Korsh loses an arrow at Saek but misses (no damage)

Krasus moves to aid Garrek against Garshrak who avoids most of the assault only taking minor damage(2damage)

The wounds of Saek,Garrek & Garshrak begin to fester in the putrid wind blowing through the valley(1damage to each)

Garrek urges his fighters knowing he needs to drive the Despoilers from the field to escape the corrupting influence
of the valley's winds.Tagor comes Ever Advancing & attacks Garshrak giving the Despoilers additional wounds(3damage)

Darknar lays into the advancing Saek with brutal attacks (12damage) & taking him down

Arnulf feeling his Battle lust moves & attacks Korsh his thrusting sword catches the Despoiler (3damage)

Krosh counterattacks Arnulf his first glances off the Reaver(2damage) but his 2nd attack the spear hits deep(10damage) & takes him down

Krasus attacks Garshark his axe bites (8damage) & the Despoiler's leader goes down .He then attacks & wounds Korsh (4damage)

Murghoth attacks Targon who dodges the 1st attack(0damage) but is hit by the 2nd (3damage)

Garrek moves & attack Korsh his axe slash the Despoiler taking him down(4damage)

Gnarl sends arrows into Targor (4damage)

The wounds of Garrek & Targor continue to fester from the putrid winds(1damage to each)

The Reavers have lost 2 fighters as have the Despoilers including their Leader Garrek knows his fighters are tougher than most
the remaining 4 Despoilers & presses the attack.However he notices Tagor is seriously wounded & is in range of the Despoilers
bowmen so he orders him to fall back.

Targor complies but in his haste to get out of bow range doesn't realize he has moved closer to Darknar the Despoilers best fighter.

Darknar seeing his opportunity moves to Targor & with a smashing blow from his axe(7damage) takes him down.

Garrek & Krasus are now the only 2 Reavers left against 4 Despoilers. Not liking the odds the Reavers retreat.

Darknar leads the remaining Beastmen in savage rites dedicated to the Gorfather.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Battle Plan (randomly drawn) really fit these 2 warbands & slightly favored the Despoilers who have 6
Fighters to the Reavers 5 but it's offset by the Reavers being tougher & better attacks.

In this Battle Plan the 1st side to have more fighters off the board than on loses. When Garshrak whet down
it looked like the Reavers would prevail but then a Despoiler archer got some good die results on Targor & if
he went down the Reavers would have lost 3 fighters & the Battle.

In moving Targor out of arrow range I didn't notice I had moved him into Darknar movement range
& as luck would have it the next Despoiler Activation was Darknar. Tagor only has 2 wounds left &
Darknar easily finished him off winning the Battle.

Obviously I'm really enjoying Bladeborn as usually I play a new Game about 3 times before moving on & it may be a few
months until I bring out again. With Bladeborn I'm still going strong. I just added the Despoilers & the Dread Padget
to complete the Core Game & am now homebrewing some Bladeborn skirmish games for some other Chaos warbands.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2022, 03:38 PM
RE: ILL Met at Eightpoints#4A(No Mercy)
Sounds great and it really sounds like you're enjoying the experience with this game. It's cool that you're adding your own stuff too.

If you like my work please visit my Tomb http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Forum-The-Tomb
For painting articles visit A Brush with Death http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Foru...with-Death
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply