Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ILL Met at Eightpoints#4C(Raze)
05-14-2022, 03:03 PM

Garrek has set up a camp just beyond a narrow pass in the Fangs Mts. The pass opens into a small valley leading to
the Despoilers main camp.The Reavers plan to storm through the valley to Raze the Despoilers camp. Garrek advances
his fighters through the valley but makes sure to cover his own camp.

The Despoilers maintain a careful lookout on valley leading to their camp & quickly discover the Reavers approaching.
Ushkor swings left and moves to outflank the advancing reavers intending slip through the pass on the opposite side
of the valley & burn out the Reavers camp.

Saek seeing Ushkor intentions moves to block his way from going for the Reavers camp.

Murghoth seeing that the Reavers are distracted by Ushkor moves down the right side of the valley to get to the Reavers camp.

Garrek realizing his warband has lost the surprise moves straight down the valley towards the Despoilers side of the pass.

Grashrak moves to intercept the enemy leader throwing a Primal Curse at Garrek for minor damage (2 damage) & then attacking
with his Obsidian Blade (3damage)

Arnulf noting Murghoth & Ushkor flanking movements holds to contest the way to his warbands camp.

Gnarl try's a Bryherd Ambush slips an arrow at Arnulf, but it falls short(0damage)

Krasus Ever advancing runs down Gnarl & makes combined attacks with Axe hacking the Despoiler down(10damage)

The clash in the valley has prevented both sides from breaking through to the others camp but then Uskhor
seeing an opening with a Bryherd Ambush moves rapidly down the valley & slips through the pass leading to the Reavers camp
before Arnulf & Krasus can stop him.

Tragor moves toward the Despoilers Camp but Grashrak blocks him from the pass.

Korsh seeing Saek has blocked his way from the Reavers camp swings around & attacks Garrek dealing a fierce blow with his
spear (11damage) .

Arnulf knowing Khrone Cares Not whose blood is spilled throws himself at Murghoth his sword catching the Despoiler (6damage).

Murghoth counters with his cursed blade but Arnulf blocks his attacks(0damage)

Garrek although wounded gathers his strength & launches Decapitating Strikes on Graskrak taking the Despoiler leader down(24 damage)

Drknar launches into a Bestial Charge on Tragor striking him hard(6damage).

Saek with the Despoilers concentrating on Targor moves past the combatants & into the pass leading to the Despoilers Camp.

Both warbands are now locked in battle & trying to find an opening to the others Camp.Arnulf continues his struggle with Murghoth
but his blows are parried(0damage)

Krosh attacks Garrek in a Bloodcrazed strike & takes him down (10damage) & lunges at Tragor who dodges the attack(0damage)

Krasus moves to attack Murghoth & his axe bites the Despoiler(4damage)

Murghoth now with 2 Reavers threatening him strikes out at Arnulf the weaker of the 2 (6damage)

Targor slips around Draknar & breaks through the pass leading to the despoilers Camp.

Draknar moves to block Krasus & Arnulf from following Targor.

Krasus attacks Murghoth & in 2 brutal assaults takes him out(12damage)

Krosh seeing the pass to the Reavers Camp is opened & runs through it leaving Draknar to hold off the 2 remaining Despoilers.

Krasus is blocked from the Despoilers pass by Draknar so he swings out & around the Despoiler & heads for the pass however
he can't quite make it.

Draknar the only Despoiler left shifts into Battle Lust & pursues Krasus catching up with him and attacking dealing a
strong blow (7damage)

Arnulf although badly wounded but Ever Advancing moves & attacks Draknar his sword striking home (4damage)

Draknar lashes out at Arnulf & takes him down.

Krasus disengages from Draknar trying to get through to the Pass.

Draknar quickly moves to confront Krasus & blocks him from the Pass

Krasus attacks Drakar striking a heavy blow (6damage)

Draknar counterattacks hitting the Reaver (6damage)

Both Fighters are now wounded & exhausted & accept a standoff.

Later Targor & Saek return to the valley reporting to Krasus that the Despoilers Camp was just an outpost & contained
nothing of value.

Krosk & Uskhor return shortly after to Draknar saying the Reaver Camp has been burnt to the ground & a Vile Trophy
was seized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Close one! Each side set up at opposite ends of the board in front of an Objective (the Pass). Fighters had to make
it to the opposite sides Objective then are removed from the Board & a Victory Point Given.Victory is to the Warband
who has the most Victory Points after 4 Battle Rounds.

At the end of the 3rd battle round both sides had 2 Victory Points & the Reavers had 2 Fighters on the Board vs 1
for the Despoilers. However, the Despoiler fighter was in position to block the 2 Reavers from getting to Pass
in 1 movement Action. The Despoiler was able to take down 1 of the Reavers who had only a few damage points left &
then keep the other Reaver from getting to the Pass before all the Actions were used.

The Game was a draw at 2 Victory points each but the Draw roll off favored the Despoilers & they now advance to their
3rd Convergence. It seems the Reavers can't catch a break but they do seem able to force their opponents into extra innings.
So we'll see if the Despoilers can get the 3rd Victory but their Conversion penalty will cause them to take 2 damage
if they use an ability.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2022, 05:43 PM
RE: ILL Met at Eightpoints#4C(Raze)
It amazes me how close these games are. I'm guessing, a lot of love (and testing) has gone into this game. It's not always the case with GW so I think you've got a good one there. When my teleporter is repaired, I'll zap my war over. Any chance of a Death warband?Zombie17

If you like my work please visit my Tomb http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Forum-The-Tomb
For painting articles visit A Brush with Death http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Foru...with-Death
05-18-2022, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2022 06:37 PM by Old Dwarf.)
(05-18-2022 05:43 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  It amazes me how close these games are. I'm guessing, a lot of love (and testing) has gone into this game. It's not always the case with GW so I think you've got a good one there. When my teleporter is repaired, I'll zap my war over. Any chance of a Death warband?Zombie17

The Guest Room awaits! (you & my Nephew can speak Brit)

Actually I have a Death Warband (The Wandering Dead) made from the figs from
the Crypt Hunter Game.

1 Off Warbands: Background/Stats/Abilities

The Wandering Dead-They are the Tortured souls of the inhabitants of 8 Points
brutalized by the minions of Chaos who now wander the Bloodwind Spoil seeking
revenge. Reserves 3.
Note-Battle Lust Rolls are not made for either side (Chainrasps don't have
emotion & opponents are too terrified to rage.
May move through blocked & friendly occupied hexes but cannot end turn in them

Abilities for the Nighthaunt Warband

-Aura of Dread (Double, Everyone): subtract 1 to the Strength characteristic
(to a minimum of 1) of an enemy fighter for remainder of Battle Round.

-Soul-marked Prey (Double, Dread Warden):-1 Strength to a wounded enemy fighter.

-Chilling Horde (Double, Everyone): +1 Attack and +1 Strength if adjacent to
another Friendly fighter.

-Frightful Touch (Double Everyone): each hit adds +1 to damage.

-Phantasmal Discorporation (Triple, Everyone: transport the Fighter anywhere
on the battlefield.

-Spectral Summon (Triple, Dread Warden): set up again any fighter taken down.
( choose any unoccupied Reinforcement Hex)

Dread Warden
M=4
T=4
W=16
A=3
S=4
D=2/4
R=1

Chainrasp#1
M=4
T=4
W=10
A=2
S=3
D=1/2
R=1
Chainrasp#2
M=4
T=4
W=10
A=2
S=3
D=1/2
R=1
Chainrasp#3
M=4
T=4
W=10
A=2
S=3
D=1/2
R=1
Chainrasp#4
M=4
T=4
W=10
A=2
S=3
D=1/2
R=1
Chainrasp#5
M=4
T=4
W=10
A=2
S=3
D=1/2
R=1
Chainrasp#6
M=4
T=4
W=10
A=2
S=3
D=1/2
R=1

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
05-23-2022, 07:09 PM
Great custom content. Thanks for posting.

If you like my work please visit my Tomb http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Forum-The-Tomb
For painting articles visit A Brush with Death http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Foru...with-Death