Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Idea for a little kids zombie board game
06-27-2013, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2013 12:59 PM by Lythaeum.)
My wife and kids play this cat and mouse game. It is kind of like sorry but you have a pool of mice that you move around a board collecting cheese and trying to get to safety. All this while avoiding a cat that only moves occasionally, as in when you roll something bad.

This is the one that they play
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/8195/viva-topo

This game is not the one they play but it is similar. http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/563613/p...torial-rev
I like the second games use of the middle section being like a quick gate through

I was thinking to make a board that is a town of sorts that has a zombie infested building in the middle and the players are running around to get supplies to support their shelters.

I was thinking of it loosely working like monopoly with squares going around a center area.

The bad guys running around chasing them could be zombies.

I have extra zpocalypse dice with a z instead of a 6 on one set and a click instead of a 1 on the other set.

Oh and I could use the dice tower as the infest building in the middle.

Roll 1d6 for movement around the board. Every six (zpocalypse has a Z) rolled on the movement means you moved to quickly or made noise and a new zombie comes from the center on the nearest spawn square to you.

The zombies move 1 square after each player.

Certain square would be marked with draw a type of card. As an easy game you can draw from all the cards. And only need to draw 4 supplies total. As an advanced game the squares would tell you what pile to draw from and you need 1 food 1 water 1 gas 1 weapon etc. you can only carry one supply at a time as it represents more than one item but it is enough items to help you shelter.

Each player could have four characters to send out of their shelter to run around the board and then back into their own shelter. You need to get four supplies to win. If you lose a man you can send another of your four out a second time. You only get to move one of you four men each turn so having more than one out at a time is not the best idea.

When you move into a square holding a zombie or it moves into your square. Roll dice to fight. 1d6 on a one you are hurt or toast on a 5 or 6 the zombie is dead.

The game would start with one zombie and if ever there were none, place a new one in the spawn area closest to the current player.

There could be a few shortcuts through the zombie infested central area. When you land on a gateway area you would go through the center out to the corresponding exit of that gateway.

Maybe as the kids can learn more we can add weapon effects and begin to teach them more advanced games.

I will use the vinyl plastic zombies that came in coffin shaped boxes. The zombies came with survivors to use as player characters.

I will use the cards that I already have from other games and those that i made as items and supplies for those games.

The game Board could LNOE tiles around an overrun center. Maybe i can put gravestones on the center. I can put markers on the draw squares.

Ooo maybe 2d6 for movement while you have no supply cards but 1d6 when you are holding supplies.

This means more 6's will be rolled.
Doubles should mean every zombie moves two squares.

Any one here from Long Island NY?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2013, 06:26 PM
RE: Idea for a little kids zombie board game
I have some ideas but I really need to think on this a bit,I've been toying with similar thoughts and mechanics is what stopping me, that and understanding what a young child can grasp. I never thought I would actually grow up enough and forget how to be a child, but I did.. Watchmen02

This sounds similar to the walking dead board game, as far as board set up goes. Might want to check that out to see if it may help.

I'm a big Monopoly fan, my wife will not play it with me anymore though. As simple as the game looks, there was a lot that went into it. The number of spaces per board side has a lot to do with the percentage of what pops up on the dice. This has been the biggest hurdle I've run into testing out monopoly style boards, if you don't place things just right it can throw the whole game off..

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-29-2013, 11:25 PM
Good advice on monopoly board size. Keep the good and bad squares about even to a monopoly board.

I will pick up the walking dead game. I just haven't had the time to get it.

Thinking.....

Any one here from Long Island NY?
Find all posts by this user