Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: If a friend of yours joined the ranks of the living dead could you slot 'em?
Yes. No hard feelings eh? (click BANG!)
No. You firmly can't bring yourself to do it.
Can't decide. There must be another way.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If a friend of yours joined the ranks of the living dead could you slot 'em?
07-27-2012, 08:38 PM
RE: If a friend of yours joined the ranks of the living dead could you slot 'em?
Obviously none of us can say for sure, not being in the situation. However, I would think I could, especially since in a way, I'd see it as I was doing it as much for my friend as for the safety of myself and all other still living humans.

That said, if I could, I would try to first tie them up, or at the very least just wait to confirm that they were becoming a zombie. In other words, wait until the very moment they cease to be human and become a zombie, then blow them away.

I wouldn't just see they got bit and blow their head off right away. After all, you never know... what if it turns out they DON'T turn, for some reason? Maybe it turns out they are somehow immune and could be the answer to a cure. So, if I acted hastily, I could have just doomed mankind and needlessly killed my friend.

If it were my wife, that might be a little different. I'd probably want to just tie her up somehow very secure and keep her alive (well, undead) in hopes of a possible cure coming along so I could get my wife back. If something like that happened, I couldn't see myself giving up hope that I might somehow get my wife back.

But, again, I suppose you really don't know, since it isn't like this is something that would ever happen anyway.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2012, 10:48 PM
RE: If a friend of yours joined the ranks of the living dead could you slot 'em?
Me and my friends have a friend pact that we stole off Big Bang Theory none of us are allowed to kill each other in the event one turns into a zombie....just as a friendly gesture.
07-28-2012, 06:58 AM
(07-27-2012 10:48 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Me and my friends have a friend pact that we stole off Big Bang Theory none of us are allowed to kill each other in the event one turns into a zombie....just as a friendly gesture.
If your friend is turned and he has you in sight, he will probably have an urge for your brains. And he may not be alone. I think you should agree on "helping" your friend out of his misery instead. Simply save a bullet for yourself and your friend. Also, it's more heroic and less girley Watchmen02

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-31-2012, 12:25 PM
If a zombie apocalypse had happened, then all moral dilemmas would fly out the window. BAM I say. You can claim you are doing them a favour all you want, but in the end you are helping the most important person around, yourself.