Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you upload custom items?
07-25-2012, 08:31 PM
How do you upload custom items?
Now that I have access to the downloads section, I grabbed the Custom Scenario template. I knew I'd want to try to come up with a few of my own scenarios. I actually have a few ideas in mind. One is kind of a neat idea (and actually kind of unique) but also very simple. I did that intentionally. The more complicated scenarios can be a lot of fun, but are best recommended for folks who have played the game a bit already.

So, I do want to make some of those as well, but also wanted to make some more simple scenarios. This just happens to be the first one for which I was able to decide on the details.

Anyway, unfortunately I do not have Photoshop, or anything like that. So, my best bet was to just do it in Word. It wasn't perfect, but also not too bad. This also made it easiest for me to print.

I wanted it to be on the standard size scenario template, not the full page one. But, I also wanted to include a brief introduction as well.

Would Word work as a way to submit it to this site? And how do I even go about doing that? I would love to add it to the downloads section so others can try it out. I didn't seem to notice an option on the downloads section to upload something.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2012, 02:34 PM
RE: How do you upload custom items?
If you could convert it to pdf, that'd be great.

You just go to the section that you want to put your submission into and hit the submit button. Fill out the form and hit submit again.

Unfortunately, I have to "approve" your submission and it doesn't notify me. I try to get everyone to let me know that something has been uploaded, but they usually don't. Once I approve the upload, it appears in the downloads section.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-26-2012, 07:21 PM
RE: How do you upload custom items?
(07-26-2012 02:34 PM)Sarku Wrote:  If you could convert it to pdf, that'd be great.

You just go to the section that you want to put your submission into and hit the submit button. Fill out the form and hit submit again.

Unfortunately, I have to "approve" your submission and it doesn't notify me. I try to get everyone to let me know that something has been uploaded, but they usually don't. Once I approve the upload, it appears in the downloads section.

Cool! Thanks, Sarku! Maybe something is wonky with my computer then, because I don't see that when I get to the section. I will take another look. I may actually want to post my scenario to the boards first, though, for everybody to review and maybe even give people a chance to play test it. I want to be sure it is at its best before I officially upload it so I can upload it as a final draft. Otherwise, I may wind up making changes if anybody has suggestions.
Find all posts by this user