Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If it's a fight ya want...!
06-18-2015, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2015 07:48 PM by Pfr_Fate.)
If it's a fight ya want...!
How's this as an option:

When to trying acquire a minion off the line, you can choose to reduce a single required color amount by one if you choose 'Desperate Fight!'.

'Desperate Fight' works like so:
roll the die. (~66% chance of success).
If a skull comes up, you lost. Discard the cards you used in the attempt and one other from your hand, all into your hand's discard pile. If you lack an additional card to discard, then you skip your next turn. The minion remains on the line.
If a number comes up, you won and you acquire the minion. Discard those cards used as normal.

What say you all????

The concept here is: when you do have enough cards to acquire a minion, it is because you are properly prepared for that encounter. However, ATOE (the other game) often has two other types of encounters: one wherein you stand little chance and one that is a matched fight. Well, the ones you stand little chance in: can't help you with that! But the other ones? That's what this option simulates.

Yes, the card game will go a little quicker, but not much as 33% of the attempts will leave a minion on the line and a wasted turn (or two).

DO I apply it to the Villains???

06-25-2015, 02:55 AM
RE: If it's a fight ya want...!
A little late with my response here but I think it's a curious idea.

I have to confess, I don't feel the deck-building game mechanic lends itself very well to Themed games in general. I still haven't met one I really liked.

So I like what you're trying to do but does it make the game too complicated? Maybe if the rule was laying out and about for everyone to see on a main-board card like the Minion you can fight at any time to "Trash" or "Destroy" a card from your hand or discard pile.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2015, 03:44 PM
RE: If it's a fight ya want...!
I just so happen to be working on cards right now... I'll see what I have time for in the next week!