Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Image of Conquest of Planet Earth
03-31-2010, 08:22 PM
Image of Conquest of Planet Earth
For those who haven't seen it, there's a picture of "Conquest of Planet Earth" over at http://icv2.com/articles/news/17149.html

I think it looks really interesting. Like a lot of people I've read comments from, I'm not crazy about the whole IFOS look and feel (although, like a sucker, I'll probably still get it) but I think that this Conquest game looks really interesting and totally different than anything they've done.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2010, 05:04 AM
RE: Image of Conquest of Planet Earth
That does look cool and very promising. I am up for anything by da Frog.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
04-01-2010, 04:46 PM
What was most surprising to me about this is that apparently we will play as the invaders. The more obvious thought was that we would be defending against them. But I really like that as a premise.
05-28-2010, 08:41 AM
Canadian Pittbull Wrote:That does look cool and very promising. I am up for anything by da Frog.

not to be the dick in the room but that looks like shit. seeing this made me appreciate ifos.

its gunna have to have great game mechanics to make up for that crappy board. i mean come on, they can do better than giant brown rectangles.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
05-28-2010, 05:04 PM
Brown rectangles look like landing zones to me. Which makes logical sense.

It looks potentially fun. I'm willing to see what the game has to offer before I declare it as "shit". I'm hoping I'll enjoy it!

...particularly if there's an army of circus bears serving as one of the defense-forces for the planet.
05-28-2010, 07:12 PM
gavindowning Wrote:Brown rectangles look like landing zones to me. Which makes logical sense.

It looks potentially fun. I'm willing to see what the game has to offer before I declare it as "shit". I'm hoping I'll enjoy it!

...particularly if there's an army of circus bears serving as one of the defense-forces for the planet.
i dont think the game will be shit just the board looks like shit.

when life hands you zombies, rev up your chainsaw.
[IMG]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g269/pluguglie/PlugUglie.png[/IMG]
05-28-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm kind of with deadrabbit here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-26-2010, 08:35 AM
gavindowning Wrote:Brown rectangles look like landing zones to me. Which makes logical sense.

Sure looks like placeholders for cards to fill in the locations.

Which makes sense, if it's taking place on a larger scale.

But I may be crazy.

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
08-26-2010, 12:35 PM
I need to revise this. I saw a couple demos in play at GenCon, and it does look rather fun. The boxes are just card placeholders. It does seem like they could have done it without the "board".
08-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Meh! To each their own. I think the board pieces are fine. Cannot wait for this game to be released as well. I think before one judges too harshly one has to have seen it first hand and played the game.

The old adage says: Don't judge a book by its cover still sings true in Don't judge a game until you have played it.

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."