Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
In game stats: Detailed Hero combat tracking sheet
01-17-2013, 11:32 AM
In game stats: Detailed Hero combat tracking sheet
When I first thought about keeping track of events during play, I focused on beeing able to rate the different heroes. However, sometimes breaking down the objective to simpler tasks does help reaching the goal in the end, so I’ve decided to start with this combat tracker (Heroes only – sorry for the grief caused dear friends of the dead) based on the comments to my In game stats and player rating thread.

Objective
The objective of the tracking sheet is to keep track of Hero combat actions during play.

I’ve prepared two versions; one that includes two die roll fields; and a version where the die roll fields have been replaced by a note field to enable players to keep track of other scenario related events. I'll be adding both to the downloads sections.

Note that the sheet has been created for LNoE and it’s expansions excluding Timber Peak.

Using the sheet
Insert the Scenario Title in the top Scenario Title field and a date in the Date field (if you want to track multiple play-throughs of the same scenario). The page field gives you the option to store series of sheets, which will be if your Heroes survive more than a couple of turns.

Each sheet can store 5 Hero combat actions.

For each action you can register:

… the character involved, turn number, number of kills (relevant if it’s an explosion or a shotgun attack) and the zombie type.

… the die rolls (or add notes for the alternative version)

… the nature of the combat action:
  • Combat: H2H fights
  • Ranged Weapons: Ranged Attacks
  • Explosives: Bomb voyage…
  • Combat Bonus: Fights using one or more combat bonuses

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2013, 11:48 AM
RE: In game stats: Detailed Hero combat tracking sheet
These seem great Watchmen02
The nerd in me really likes sheets,
which makes me want to try these out x)

Time to nut up or shut up. -Tallahassee, Zombieland Freak05
Find all posts by this user
01-20-2013, 06:35 AM
I really dig this idea.. You can have a notepad made up of this at OfficeMax or kinkos too... It would be nice to see if a full game of stats for players and zombies on one sheet, so it wouldn't be so paper intense.. I'm having a hard time picturing how to set that up in my head tho... Good work, I'm defiantly giving this a go...

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
01-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. I'm glad that I'm not the only geek in here with an interest in numbers... Sarku has yet to "approve" my upload in the downloads section but don't hesitate to leave feedback once you start tracking. There's probably room for improvement.

(01-20-2013 06:35 AM)friskers96 Wrote:  I really dig this idea.. You can have a notepad made up of this at OfficeMax or kinkos too... It would be nice to see if a full game of stats for players and zombies on one sheet, so it wouldn't be so paper intense.. I'm having a hard time picturing how to set that up in my head tho... Good work, I'm defiantly giving this a go...

Ay. I was thinking of having some kind of virtual server on my laptop to store data in a SQL database simply for analysing and rating but that would take much more time to prepare than creating a simple word document. ALso, once you start tracking stuff your ideas start develop and change a bit, so I'll try to keep it simple at first.

For starters I'm thinking of storing this in a simple spreadsheet.

Also, if something like this could be turned into an app, that would be my first purchase in the app store. Watchmen02

01-22-2013, 04:27 AM
An app would be great...

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
02-04-2013, 03:02 PM
The worm lord has approved the submission:
http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/mydo...s&uid=3003