Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Inadvertent Variant
07-22-2008, 06:35 AM
Inadvertent Variant
So I just purchased the LNOE this past week. So far everyone loves the game. Our first three times playing the game, we played incorrectly. We made the following mistakes:

Whenever a fight began, it did not end unless a zombie was "fended off", killed, or the player died. So basically if a player took a wound the player had to keep fighting that single zombie until he either fends him off, kills the zombie, or dies himself.

As you can imagine this makes the zombies quite deadly. In addition, if one hero dies and another hero is in the same space(the zombie moved to that space during the zombie movement step) the next hero then has to fight the zombie.

Our first game was "Die Zombies Die!" and the heroes were slaughtered, didn't even have a chance. Then the next scenario was escaping in the truck and since the scenario card didn't say on it that only four heroes can die, we kept allowing players to die and grab another character to come into the game. Which was pretty crazy, a lot of heroes died and came back as zombie heroes, but the heroes actually won the game in the end. Finally the last scenario was "Burn 'em Out!" or whatever and the heroes just barely lost with a hero on the last spawn point and fuel, but alas, the sun set. Oh, and every single character had played in the game, and all but two had died before the sun set.

It seriously is a deadly variant for the heroes. I have yet to play the game the correct way. As I have just discovered by re-reading the rules that we were playing wrong.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2008, 02:47 PM
RE: Inadvertent Variant
Interesting! It would be a fun variant, especially if the 'zombies' have been losing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-22-2008, 03:55 PM
RE: Inadvertent Variant
Would you call this a three-dot zombie variant?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user