Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Index of horror/thriller movies (currently 573 reviewed)
04-25-2012, 06:48 AM
RE: Movie Reviews - 39 zombie movies
(04-25-2012 04:21 AM)vikinglad Wrote:  Oh man, Plan 9. That one is horrible, or awesome. I think I am leaning toward horrible. Ed Wood and Bella Lugosi (kinda).

Planet Terror is fun.

I agree. The movies represent two opposites in so many ways and that shows the diversity of the genre. That's excactly why I think they deserve to be on this list. Both are fantastic, fun and wicked. You should at least see them once in your life time but you're right. Be warned. Prepare for the worst when you sit down to watch Plan 9 Zombie15

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2012, 02:04 AM
RE: Movie Reviews - 39 zombie movies
Lego zombie!!!

Love the avatar, scarydk.

“By the time I realized the danger, it was scratching at my front door.”
― Max Brooks, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
Find all posts by this user
04-26-2012, 07:12 AM
RE: Movie Reviews - 42 zombie movies
(04-26-2012 02:04 AM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  Lego zombie!!!

Love the avatar, scarydk.

Thanks goodcop2000. Couldn't find any dashing heroic picture of myself so I had to go with the second best.

Here's a movie poster just for recognizing your hard work with the list:

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-26-2012, 12:34 PM
(04-26-2012 07:12 AM)scarydk Wrote:  Thanks goodcop2000. Couldn't find any dashing heroic picture of myself so I had to go with the second best.

Here's a movie poster just for recognizing your hard work with the list:

Very nice! For the record, my avatar is the costume I wore to a Halloween party last year. It's "Lt. Dangle" from the show Reno 911. I was polite enough to just show the upper torso and not the tight shorts that accompanied them. haha

04-27-2012, 02:41 AM
Nice list. I've seen a good number of them and found some to add to my own list of flicks to fine. I would like to suggest Undead to your running list of movies to add to the list...

I am surprised to see Resident Evil: Apocalypse lower than Extinction and Afterlife, tho, I am a fanboy of the game series and really likes seeing Jill Valentine on the big screen.
04-27-2012, 01:59 PM
(04-27-2012 02:41 AM)munkymuddface Wrote:  Nice list. I've seen a good number of them and found some to add to my own list of flicks to fine. I would like to suggest Undead to your running list of movies to add to the list...

I am surprised to see Resident Evil: Apocalypse lower than Extinction and Afterlife, tho, I am a fanboy of the game series and really likes seeing Jill Valentine on the big screen.

Thanks for checking out the list and thanks for the "Undead" suggestion. I don't remember hearing about that one before.

04-27-2012, 07:04 PM
I think you should check out DOGHOUSE. Pretty entertaining zombie comedy. Are you watching these films through netflix?
04-28-2012, 12:49 AM
(04-27-2012 07:04 PM)phantomninja Wrote:  I think you should check out DOGHOUSE. Pretty entertaining zombie comedy. Are you watching these films through netflix?

Thanks for another movie to add to the list, phantomninja!

I've seen the movies in a variety of ways over the years. Most of them were just from looking for something to watch on the various cable channels we have. I own the Romero movies I've watched and I did watch a good amount of zombie movies through Netflix but a few months ago we switched to streaming only with Netflix. I may need to switch back to having at least one movie sent out in the mail because it's hard to find all the movies I want to see.

When we had 3 discs at a time being sent from Netflix, we had 3 queues for my wife, me and the kids. I maxed out my queue with movies (I think it allowed 400) and I used to joke about the doubtfulness of ever living long enough to make it through my Netflix queue. Unfortunately when we switched our account type the queue disappeared. Now I wish I had at least printed it out.

04-30-2012, 06:10 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2012 05:16 AM by goodcop2000.)
RE: Movie Reviews - 45 zombie movies
Added three more reviews to bump the list to 45 movies:

The Evil Dead (debatable whether it belongs but most zombie movie lists include it and its sequels)
Creepshow (has two definite zombie tales included)
Death Valley: Revenge of Bloody Bill

Meanwhile I have this list of movies on my to-do list. Thanks to everyone who has made suggestions and I'm always happy to take more, especially if you've seen a good one that I don't have listed.

Berlin Undead (reviewed 06/05/12)
Beyond Re-Animator
Brain Dead AKA Dead/Alive
Bride of Re-Animator
Cemetery Man
Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things
The Dead
Dead Heads
Dead Snow (reviewed 05/12/12)
Deadgirl
Ed and His Dead Mother
Evil
Doghouse
Fido
Flight of the Living Dead
Graveyard Alive
La Horde
House (reviewed 05/12/12)
I Walked With A Zombie
The Last Man On Earth (reviewed 06/03/12)
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie
The Plague of the Zombies
Plan 9 From Outer Space
Planet Terror
Re-Animator
[REC]
[REC] 2
Return of the Living Dead II (reviewed 07/01/12)
Return of the Living Dead III (reviewed 07/30/12)
The Revenant
Slither
Survival of the Dead
Undead
Wasting Away
White Zombie (reviewed 06/03/12)
Zombie AKA Zombi 2
Zombie Honeymoon (reviewed 05/20/12)

I also plan to rewatch the following movies that I haven't seen in about 20 years so I can properly review them.

Army of Darkness
Evil Dead 2
Night of the Comet (reviewed 05/12/12)
Pet Sematary (reviewed 05/12/12)
Pet Sematary 2
The Serpent and the Rainbow

05-02-2012, 12:01 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2012 12:02 AM by vikinglad.)
RE: Movie Reviews - 45 zombie movies
Evil Dead and Creepshow! I own both of those and enjoy them lots. I have two Evil Dead posters up in my painting crypt in the garage.

I actually like Evil Dead 2 (Dead by Dawn) a little better. It seems like Ash is a bit more "Ash" in that one. Very creepy atmosphere, too. A bit funnier than 1, I regard it as a nice middle ground between 1 and 3 (Army of Darkness).