Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Instead of making a ranged attack the Hero may...
03-12-2011, 03:20 AM
Instead of making a ranged attack the Hero may...
So this came up last night and I figured I'd get clarification. My brother was the Zombies, and 3 friends and I were the Heroes. My fellow hero and I each got cards (I think mine was Jade's Diary but I can't remember for sure) which said "Instead of making a ranged attack the Hero may...". We're still new to the game but my fellow survivor wanted to use that, but had no ranged weapon (nor did I). My brother and I ruled that you need to be able to make a ranged attack due to the "Instead". So the question is, do you need to have a ranged weapon to use those abilities, or can you do those during your Ranged Attack phase reguardless? Thanks fellow zombie lovers!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2011, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2011 03:34 AM by Orguss.)
RE: Instead of making a ranged attack the Hero may...
Yes. During your ranged attack phase. You may make a ranged attack regardless if you have a gun or not. Obviously if you have no gun, nothing happens, but the attack phase is still there.

No gun = Only use the book.
No book = Only use the gun.
Gun and book = Choose one to use.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
03-12-2011, 05:01 AM
RE: Instead of making a ranged attack the Hero may...
Thanks Orguss. We won either way, but it's good to know. Watchmen02