Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Invasion board thought....
01-22-2010, 07:08 AM
Invasion board thought....
This is just a thought that I had the other night which blew my mind...

As we know, Flying Frog seems to think very far ahead on their game designs anticipating the major expansions (like GH, SOTF and SW) during the initial design of the base game. (I still think that having 3 inserts in the LNOE original box was in preparation of the SOTF decks..).

From what we heard the Humans, zombies, Martians and Carnies will be interchangeable between Invasion and LNOE. The question I got is would the boards be interchangeable? If the board has the same format then we might soon have a giant center square of the board with a big-top for a mini-circus coming through town. That would be pretty cool. Now, if the Invasion game has a board with a road section that lines up with LNOE's 'road out of town' then we could effectively double the size of the gaming board which would be totally awesome!

This would be even better then making a bunch of LNOE characters that are Revolutionary War reenactors so we can use the ATOE figures! You could have 'Captain' Bubba Hatfield and 'Sergeant' Freddie Smith. The scenario could take place on the forth of July with all the ATOE figure basede characters starting in the middle of the town square when the zombies attack or the Martians invade!

I really wish I could sleep more at night... That Revolutionary War reenactment idea actually sounding like an interesting idea...

"If we are very lucky and start running now we might get out of this alive or merely dead"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-22-2010, 05:20 PM
RE: Invasion board thought....
more insanity:

We (or FF) could make a corner board for the 'historical' section of Woodhaven, and have all the colonial Revolutionary War people start there!

I know Betsy Ross had twin crossbow pistols!

"If we are very lucky and start running now we might get out of this alive or merely dead"
01-22-2010, 06:19 PM
We need more Erik Den Røde...

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
01-23-2010, 05:12 PM
I understand the boards will be interchangeable, but with the drawback that effects such as "Pick Up" won't really be the same or effective. But they will be the same size and scale.
01-24-2010, 10:00 AM
The idea allone of battling zombie martians is totaly crazy!
And soooo cool!!! hehehe

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Patient Zero Wrote:more insanity:

We (or FF) could make a corner board for the 'historical' section of Woodhaven, and have all the colonial Revolutionary War people start there!

I know Betsy Ross had twin crossbow pistols!

It should be a Tavern Tile very historical & Betsy loved
to down a few tankards & challenge patrons to twin
crossbow contests.Watchmen02

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
01-24-2010, 04:28 PM
gavindowning Wrote:I understand the boards will be interchangeable, but with the drawback that effects such as "Pick Up" won't really be the same or effective. But they will be the same size and scale.

The lack of 'Pick Up' building abilities could be remedied using a counter of some sort with text and a picture. I'm not sure which town items would be appropriate in the carnival:

First Aid kit
Cigars
Fire Extingiushers

future items?
Giant Teddy Bear - discard to put the Giant teddy bear marker in an adjacent space. All zombies must treat the Giant Teddy Bear like it was human for Zombie Hunger and division of zombies for the zombie fight round. Remove after 1 fight round with a zombie.

01-24-2010, 05:59 PM
i just want the clown toget buy a zombie and have a zombie clown to scare the hall out of amanda the prom queen i can see that happening now