Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Invasion from O.S vs. C.O.P.E.
12-14-2010, 03:26 AM
Invasion from O.S vs. C.O.P.E.
money issues during the holidays being what it is...for those that have played Invasion, is it worth getting or should i wait for Conquest. (this holiday season i am getting a bunch of L.N.O.E. supplements - a game i really enjoy)

I realize that all the games play similar, with a touch of evil probably being the most different...

so anyway - thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2010, 03:39 AM
RE: Invasion from O.S vs. C.O.P.E.
Get IFOS now. COPE isn't out for some time yet (February). By then, you can afford it I hope! IFOS is worth the money, and, with LNOE, you can play crossover scenarios.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-14-2010, 03:40 AM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2010 03:41 AM by zombie67.)
I can whole heartedly recommend IFoS.

For me it is now my favourite FFP game.

The additions of things like fire and crowds really add to the game and I think I'll be adding them both and the other additions to our LNoE games.

I think, supertnt, you have to ask yourself whether you want a game which basically plays like LNoE, albeit in a very much improved way or do you want a completely original game, which Conquest seem to be?
12-14-2010, 04:36 AM
That is a good point, my fave was LNOE over ATOE...i didn't realize that Conquest had a different game mechanic (with a 2yr old and an 8 week old - i have been out of the board game loop for a bit to do research)

Also interesting point on the "fire" and "crowds"...i will look into that and see if it works well with LNOE. ( i am still awaiting the LNOE supplements and their added gameplay that i will have to learn to integrate)
12-17-2010, 05:46 PM
A lot of these aspects, I think, will likely blend well with LNoE -- though I haven't tried it yet. I've kept the games separate so far. Though eventually, I'll try blending a little... I just want to get more comfortable with IFOS first.
12-18-2010, 12:42 AM
hey gavindowning,

how are u liking IFOS?...i found that with LNOE there were some arguments on what the cards "really meant" because some were ambigious..do you find IFOS more clear cut in terms of gameplay...also how do u like the scenarios.

-randy
12-20-2010, 06:51 AM
We haven't found any ambiguity in IFOS, but then... we didn't find much in LNoE, so I'm not sure how much that can help you.

We did our first crossover game last night. I played the martians, and won, though it was very close -- Sally started the game with a chainsaw, and really tore into a lot of zombies and martians, earning 16 out of 25 target points in three rounds before she finally lost a fight and ran out of gas. The last round, the zombies attacked the martians en masse, and I ended up rolling very well, killing 5 of the 6 attacking zombies and winning with the last dead zombie. The heroes were at 21 points (and Sally had recovered the chainsaw), and the zombies had almost 2 of the 3 points they needed to win.

It was great fun!