Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Invasion from outer space - the movie
10-09-2012, 02:24 AM
Invasion from outer space - the movie
This isn't really a new scenario and I haven't playtested this yet as I only thought about it last night. Its an idea of 'linked scenarios' where 3 scenarios would be acts 1, 2, and 3 of the overall story. This is probably applicable to LNOE, but I don't know all of the scenarios there so I'm using IFOS to start this idea with.

All scenario rules apply, the only additions are:
- heroes that get killed, stay dead (they can't be used in succeeding acts)
- if the heroes play 'Get Off My Planet', then the Martian removed from the game also can't be summoned in succeeding acts
- heroes get to keep 1 weapon that they found the previous act into the next act
- since the game progresses across 3 acts, heroes can choose which hero to use (as long as they haven't gotten killed yet)

The IFOS movie, at least what I'm planning to try out soon, starts with the Invasion scenario where the Martians start invading. If the Heroes win (20 Martians killed), they drive the Martians off temporarily; if the Martians win (2 Heroes killed), the Heroes retreat. Act 2 sees the Heroes trying to destroy the Martian saucers, and in Act 3 the Martians unleash the Super Zard Beast in one final act to destroy the Heroes.

With a lot more scenarios available, I'm sure we can play around this idea of continuity in LNOE. What do you guys think?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2012, 02:36 PM
RE: Invasion from outer space - the movie
I wouldn't mind that. The first act should be a scouting party. I agree with you on that. I would perhaps change the saucers being destroyed as the third act.

That or make scenario two be a scenario search item quest to find the weakness of the zard beast. Then blow up everything.

Heroes get remembered. Legends never die.
Find all posts by this user
10-10-2012, 10:25 PM
RE: Invasion from outer space - the movie
(10-10-2012 02:36 PM)Orguss Wrote:  That or make scenario two be a scenario search item quest to find the weakness of the zard beast. Then blow up everything.

Hmm, I think it's a matter of opinion at this point - I can definitely see how your version of the "movie" would go, with the Super Zard Beast as the threat in the middle of the movie and the finale would be the battle where the Carnies would try to destroy the flying saucers.

I was initially thinking of the reverse - after the Carnies were attacked, they tried to strike back by crashing a few of the flying saucers. But then the Martians unleashed their ultimate weapon in the form of the Super Zard Beast. The finale would be the battle between the Carnies and the Super Zard Beast, where all of the remaining Carnies could die.

Man, I can't wait to try this out. This and the LNOE version.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user