Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is LNOE dead? or just for now?
12-18-2015, 03:52 PM
RE: Is LNOE dead? or just for now?
(12-18-2015 02:45 PM)mqstout Wrote:  IFOS is a good twist on the LNOE rules. And, has a scenario to combine the two.

Yeah honestly the appeal was mainly to go back to not having so much "stuff." Part of the reason that LNOE doesnt see play much anymore is the amount of setup time it requires with all the expansions etc.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2015, 07:18 PM
I sort of have mixed feelings. I always dig adding new stuff to a game I love. On the other hand, sometimes too many expansions just start to make the game seem too convoluted. As much as I love every single LNOE item, I find my group and I almost never implement some of the later expansions such as the ones with barricades and all that. The scenarios are just too complicated, so we rarely feel like getting into them.

For similar reasons, we actually have yet to even touch Zombicide Season 3. It just sort of felt like it added TOO much to a game that didn't really need more complications added. Sort of in a why fix what ain't broke kind of way.

All the same, I would still continue to support the game with any new stuff they add. Even if my group winds up not really using some of it all that often, I still like being able to have it.
12-19-2015, 09:28 PM
True enough. I love the expansions but it's beastly to pull out/put up some of these games.
12-29-2015, 12:12 AM
Yep... I'm in the line of thinking, everything is subordinate to SoB. Sigh...

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
12-29-2015, 03:22 PM
Not for me, I just got Timber Peak for Christmas! Hopefully the Frogs will get back to creating LNoE material before I run out of expansions to buy. Watchmen02
12-29-2015, 11:58 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2015 11:58 PM by ForestRunner.)
(12-29-2015 03:22 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  Not for me, I just got Timber Peak for Christmas! Hopefully the Frogs will get back to creating LNoE material before I run out of expansions to buy. Watchmen02

Nice gift, man. Enjoy!! Watchmen02

I don't suffer from insanity... I love every minute of it...
02-02-2016, 10:58 AM
They were asked in november in their facebook page: "When we can expect new addon for The Last Night On Earth?"
Their answer was: "Don't worry, we have some exciting plans for Last Night on Earth."

So, I think we'll see more expansions, the real question is when. Maybe after wave 2 of Shadows of Brimstone.
02-09-2016, 05:35 AM
This board doesn't die, it's just slow sometimes. I'm still patiently waiting for IFOS: Scorched Earth. That would be fine by me for a LNOE expansion. But I dunno what else they could add to LNOE besides more Grave Dead or Zombie Champions without dynamically changing the flow of the game. Maybe they will take notes from some of the custom expansions on this site by having multiple floors to houses? Or even things similar to the Fun House in IFOS could be interesting.
02-09-2016, 05:51 PM
This game will never be dead as far I'm concerned. The replay value is really high as to the variables.

Loads of Characters
Village Layout (board sections)
Scenarios.
Deck size

No game is ever the same. (Not even close).
02-12-2016, 09:56 PM
Agreed. I think this is one game that has such variety that you can always pick it up and play and have great fun with it. Even if after a while you've played it so much that your group moves on from it (much as mine has) you can still pick it up now and then and have a ton of fun. It still remains one of my go to games. Hell, I'd love to play it a lot more, but we just have so many games these days.