Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is being a "Tadpole" good or bad
05-12-2014, 07:19 AM
Hey everyone. So I'm still pretty new to the site. I've been a member for about a week now and the other day I was no longer a common frog.

Now I'm a tadpole. When I first saw this I was very excited and thought it meant I was upgraded and could access the downloads portion of the site. But when I clicked the downloads section it still said nothing was available.
Which I'm not complaining about. I'm happy to wait and pay my dues.

But it made me wonder... was tadpole a demotion or promotion. I noticed I can have a signature now which is cool. But I'm not sure that I couldn't before...

If it was a promotion, does anyone know at what level I'll be able to access the download's section? Just so if it's not the next promotion I won't get excited again then let down again. :P

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2014, 05:33 PM
RE: Is being a "Tadpole" good or bad
(05-12-2014 07:19 AM)aprillo Wrote:  Hey everyone. So I'm still pretty new to the site. I've been a member for about a week now and the other day I was no longer a common frog.

Now I'm a tadpole. When I first saw this I was very excited and thought it meant I was upgraded and could access the downloads portion of the site. But when I clicked the downloads section it still said nothing was available.
Which I'm not complaining about. I'm happy to wait and pay my dues.

But it made me wonder... was tadpole a demotion or promotion. I noticed I can have a signature now which is cool. But I'm not sure that I couldn't before...

If it was a promotion, does anyone know at what level I'll be able to access the download's section? Just so if it's not the next promotion I won't get excited again then let down again. :P

I'm sure it's just something automatic to show how long you've been around or how much you've posted. Which is definitely a promotionZombie17 Before you know it you'll be seeing Gold Stars and those Rep thingiesWatchmen02
05-12-2014, 09:35 PM
You would think Common Frog would be a step above Tadpole BUT it's not! Tadpole is a promotion base on the # of posts.
It appears to be an auto upgrade at 15 posts .(Sarku has never revealed the exact progression). The Downloads aren't tied
to the progression Titles ,Sarku has to grant Full Membership (which your already in line for.)

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
05-13-2014, 07:06 AM
oh okay cool thanks guys wasnt sure. and thanks for the reputation points too!

glad to hear it is good, cause yeah, frog, common or not, sounds like it would be better than tadpole!

They're coming for us!!! ... Brains brains ... Ahhh somebody save-- ... Om nom nom
05-19-2014, 04:58 PM
After a few more posts, you'll become Kermit the Frog.

Okay, that was lie. ;-) LOL! But, the different titles are pretty groovy.
05-20-2014, 02:16 AM
Maybe one day I'll become a Cephalo-Frog
[Image: paragraaf_791402_Mighty%20Froghemoth.jpg]
05-22-2014, 01:57 PM
(05-20-2014 02:16 AM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  Maybe one day I'll become a Cephalo-Frog
[Image: paragraaf_791402_Mighty%20Froghemoth.jpg]

nice pic!
05-22-2014, 04:03 PM
I know, right? Its from this awesome German artist based in Ireland, Eva Widermann.
[Image: Eva_Widermann.jpg]
Does a lot of great RPG artwork.

That pretty little froggy is actually a Froghemoth from Issue 128 of Dungeon.
Dungeon Magazine 128
05-22-2014, 04:15 PM
Cracking bird (sorry British humour)

Send out the dog to feed on the dead.
05-22-2014, 04:29 PM
an even MORE awesome pic!