Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It's that time of the year
10-06-2014, 06:35 PM
It's that time of the year
Is it just me or does everyone feel drawn towards AToE now Autumn has arrived? Fog, mists and damp woods - so very thematic!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2014, 06:53 PM
RE: It's that time of the year
Know the feeling, we always try to play AToE around Halloween, especially as the weather
the last couple here in NJ has pitched us into late Fall.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
10-06-2014, 07:35 PM
We just played against the Unspeakable Horror on Saturday night. There is definitely a draw to this game for us in the Fall. Watchmen02

Can't wait to play against the Volgovian Nutcracker around Christmas! He is one of our favorites!

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
10-07-2014, 12:26 AM
Yup. Been feeling the pull. Been a long time since I've managed to get AToE on the table. So much to do & so little time... Insane19

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
10-12-2014, 04:55 PM
I second that sentament! Or 5th it. + I also love bringing out the Nutcracker at Christmas time. One of the most thematic villains in a very thematic game. Man I might have to pull out AToE tonight!
10-12-2014, 10:09 PM
(10-06-2014 06:35 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  Is it just me or does everyone feel drawn towards AToE now Autumn has arrived? Fog, mists and damp woods - so very thematic!

I always feel drawn toward it. =)

That said, I did set up a bunch of random games dividing the monsters among the heroes. Thinking about running it "tournament style", letting the surviving heroes battle the surviving monsters, and so on.

My first game saw Katarina and Thomas thwart the Vampire (with Katarina laying down a brutal beating)...but game 2 had the Werewolf make mincemeat out of The Scarlet Shadow. =(

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-13-2014, 10:44 PM
Interesting thought Tommy. Wonder how a pseudo-campaign game would be?

Maybe something like:

KO'ed=killed, (maybe a number of times= to health), if not playing Solo let the player(s) start a new character w/ some kind of boost to "catch them up" to other players (maybe 1 Event Card(s) OR Investigation (may mix) for each turn the Shadow Track has advanced?)

Surviving Characters may keep 1 non-Town Item for each Adventure completed?

Villains start with +1 additional Health for each Adventure completed & +1 for each "experienced" Hero?

Just riffing. Not necessarily my thing, but could be interesting... Watchmen02

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
10-15-2014, 01:24 PM
Our most lengthy games usually involved every player running 2 heroes that work together and then we basically role play the events. It's always a lot of fun but even with only 3 players that turns in to 6 heroes and the game is quite lengthy.
10-15-2014, 01:51 PM
We usually do 2 player Games & use 1 Hero each .for Solo I use 2 Heroes.
I find once the Game has more that 2 Heroes it gets overly long.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
10-15-2014, 02:28 PM
Wow really? only 2? This is one of my favorite games to pull out with my friends who are more casual gamers. Don't get me wrong, my wife and I will often play blistering fast 2 player games but I think this game's length is just fine at 3-4 players