Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jpg vs PSD
11-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Jpg vs PSD
I just tried to open some the blank hero templates and found out they were PSD files. I think that this is a photo shop document but don't have any access to Photo shop or anything that opens photo shop drawings. Is there an advantage to leaving these as PSD files? I know that darn near EVERYTHING would open jpg files...

"If we are very lucky and start running now we might get out of this alive or merely dead"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2009, 09:43 PM
RE: Jpg vs PSD
PZ, you can use free image editing program The GIMP to open PSD. Its interface isn't the friendliest, but you can always use it to convert to something else. The problem is, you can't do this thing easily with a JPG. It requires image layers to be on to get everything to look right, and to allow changing between the 2/3/4 wound templates, as well as doing the fonts neatly

There are other free image editing programs out there, but I'm not sure which ones open PSDs... Paint.NET probably does as well.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-30-2009, 12:00 AM
mqstout Wrote:PZ, you can use free image editing program The GIMP to open PSD. Its interface isn't the friendliest, but you can always use it to convert to something else. The problem is, you can't do this thing easily with a JPG. It requires image layers to be on to get everything to look right, and to allow changing between the 2/3/4 wound templates, as well as doing the fonts neatly

There are other free image editing programs out there, but I'm not sure which ones open PSDs... Paint.NET probably does as well.

I downloaded GIMP. Thanks for the guidance.

There is alot going on with those templates... Thanks to whoever set these up!

"If we are very lucky and start running now we might get out of this alive or merely dead"
11-30-2009, 12:17 AM
I downloaded a much simpler template and went to town making sure nearly everything was 100% like the original in game. Thanks for appreciating the hard work! Watchmen02

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
11-30-2009, 04:33 PM
I like to call it Dark MagicZombie03

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
01-30-2010, 08:27 PM
Did anyone else have problem with an error from GIMP when they tried to open any of the ATOE templates? I've been trying to get some of the villain ideas I had into Gallery format....

01-31-2010, 04:11 AM
It might be because they're in CMYK? I use Photoshop. I think there might be a plugin for GIMP to handle CMYK files.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
02-02-2010, 12:43 AM
Sarku Wrote:It might be because they're in CMYK? I use Photoshop. I think there might be a plugin for GIMP to handle CMYK files.

Wow, that's exactly the error... Am on it.