Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Just What I Needed" wasted?
09-12-2012, 08:17 PM
RE: "Just What I Needed" wasted?
(09-12-2012 02:31 AM)Phantaskippy Wrote:  
(09-11-2012 09:28 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  My gaming group recently played with a newbie to the group. We played "Escape in the Truck" and one of his heroes wound up in the middle of the board, and picked up the gasoline right away. Since he was new, we decided to let it slide. The game wound up going all the way to the last turn, and they never found the keys. So, you never know. So, you could certainly argue either way... Either, luck of the draw, whatever they get they get, or using the house rule mentioned here.

As zombies I once killed the key carrier as the gasoline carrier filled the truck. They re-spawned on the truck with a card, which of course was "Just what I needed."

Worst way to end a game. Luck will screw everybody eventually.

And that isn't even getting into dice rolling luck.

LOL! Ouch! Though, as much as that is harsh for the zombie players (you got a huge break by killing the hero with the keys only to have it instantly no longer matter), that is actually pretty thematically appropriate. Think of it like the thrilling conclusion of a zombie movie. Just when it seems the heroes are finally going to escape to safety... the zombies rain down terror and screw them over... but then at the last minute, another hero swoops in to save the day. ;-) Harsh as the zombie player(s), but I bet that was really cool as the hero player(s).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply