Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Just a scratch" question
11-08-2010, 10:02 PM
"Just a scratch" question
If a hero takes a wound, and the zombie team plays "I feel kind of strange" on them, can the Hero team play "just a scratch" canceling the wound and card? If so, does "I feel kind of strange" get discarded or returned to the zombie players hand?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2010, 11:42 PM
RE: "Just a scratch" question
I would say they have to cancel the wound before "I feel kinda strange" is played. After all if you hadn't played that card then they would play just a scratch. So, if you play I feel kinda strange first then I would say no.
11-08-2010, 11:58 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2010 03:19 AM by mqstout.)
Ollirom, it depends on how your group plays. As long as everyone gives everyone else enough opportunity to play cards, you can easily disallow 'just a scratch' after 'I feel kinda strange'. However, if your group plays the game like it is slapjack, then you'd have to allow it after.

Rules as they are Written ("RAW"): You can only play "I Feel Kinda Strange" once a wound has been taken ("when they take a wound from a Zombie"). By this time, you can no longer play "Just a Scratch ("is about to take a wound").
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Ok. thank you very much
11-09-2010, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2010 09:53 AM by zombie67.)
(11-08-2010 11:58 PM)mqstout Wrote:  Ollirom, it depends on how your group plays. As long as everyone gives everyone else enough opportunity to play cards, you can easily disallow 'just a scratch' after 'I feel kinda strange'. However, if your group plays the game like it is slapjack, then you'd have to allow it after.

Rules as they are Written ("RAW"): You can only play "I Feel Kinda Strange" once a wound has been taken ("when they take a wound from a Zombie"). By this time, you can no longer play "Just a Scratch ("is about to take a wound").
I think that if the group are playing fair, the Hero player would have to be given time (fraction of a second?) to play "Just a Scratch" as it says "about to take a wound" before the Zombie player the "I Feel Kinda Strange". If he doesn't cancel the wound straight away then tough luck, too late!

As MQS says, if both players slap down their cards together, then "Just a Scratch" has to be counted before "I Feel Kinda Strange". In this case, the Zombie player would take his card back into hand as he was unable to play it.
11-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Or just ask each time "Wound dealt?" "Yes" "You feel kinda strange"

"Wound dealt?" "Just a scratch?" "Okay, cool"
11-18-2010, 08:53 PM
that's how we play it. ie.. resolve the wound, then go from there.. ( our group has years of "magic-the gathering experience" .. thus we have lots of card-timing experience ).

if a wound is headed toward the hero, the hero gets to decide to take the wound or cancel it. once he decides either, then it's back to the zed player to play effects based either on wound or no wound.. etc.

soundguy
11-20-2010, 06:04 PM
If I'm holding that card and want to play it I usually ask if someone is canceling the wound THEN play the card. This way I gave them a fair shot at stopping the wound BEFORE I played my card.
11-20-2010, 10:42 PM
yep.. about the same here. of course it usually alerts them that something is gonna happen.. so sometimes even after a regular woun, I ask if it is sticking, then dig thru my zombie hand as if i have something to play, then decide not to play it. got to keep the hero's guessing..Watchmen02

soundguy
02-15-2011, 06:31 PM
I would think you would just wait until they place the Wound marker on their Character Sheet. Once the marker is in place: "no take-backs!"