Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just got Timber Peak, and I have three rule questions...
04-04-2013, 02:23 AM
RE: Just got Timber Peak, and I have three rule questions...
(04-04-2013 12:05 AM)friskers96 Wrote:  Page 20 of the TP Rulebook. The last paragraph of the "Gaining Experience" section states that zombie walking into a fire does not grant experience.
I'm not asking about a Zombie walking into a fire, though. I'm asking about a Hero deliberately starting a Fire in the Zombie's space as opposed to indirectly starting a Fire in a Zombie's space such as by Gasoline automatic random spreading.

Quote:Also on page 21, there is a section on infection, the way it reads its like you get a wound from the zombie which yields exp for the zed and after the chance roll if you fail the roll you get another wound from the marker not the zombie so no exp should be gained.
Sounds kind of dubious to me, like saying that a Hero wouldn't get experience for using Get Back Ye Devils because it's the Event Card resulting in the wound delivered. As far as I'm assuming, and the general text seems to support this as far as I can tell, if a Zombie beats a Hero in a Fight and delivers a wound and then the Infected markers results in another wound, the Zombies would get two experience because both wounds were the direct result of the Zombie attack. What I'm wondering about in relation to the Infected Marker is whether the wound that it delivers always grants the Zombies experience or only grants the Zombies experience when direct damage caused by the Zombies themselves triggered the Infected Marker. In my mind, this is no different than a Hero intentionally setting a fire in a square adjacent to a gasoline marker to blow it up and gain experience for every zombie wounded in this way.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2013, 02:40 AM
I think it comes down to if you don't cause the wound in a fight directly then you don't get experience even if you started a fire or blew up gasoline or infected an individual I believe everyone else is on this same page.
04-04-2013, 02:46 AM
What does "directly" mean, though? That terminology is too imprecise. Saying it's not "direct" enough because all the Hero did was blow up the Gasoline that did the damage is no different than saying it's not "direct" enough because all the Hero did was throw the Dyanamite that did the damage or pull the trigger on the Gun that did the damage. I don't think anybody's going to argue that damaging a Zombie with Dynamite or a Gun doesn't earn experience, are they?
04-04-2013, 03:01 AM
This is a debate for the ages... In a nutshell it's going to come down to what you and your group feels is right. All hail the power of the "House Rule". I suggest, getting a composition note book and having a pow-wow before your gaming sessions. Figure out what problems you guys had and make a determination and get in writing. Keep the book with the game, add to it and take from it when needed. The beauty of the game system is the flexibility of the rules, I think they are left vague on purpose to let us make these calls. Also, Jason hill frequents boardgamegeek.com frequently so posting this there might result in a response from the man himself. Seems we are trying to get to too fine of detail on specific wording, that its taking us further from the answer.

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2013, 03:07 AM
Thanks, I'll try boardgamegeek.com and see if he'll weigh in. Watchmen02
04-08-2013, 04:49 PM
I thought if you start a fire, the token is face down and doesnt actually damage anything, then at the end of the zombie turn is the fire turn, and at the end of the fire turn the token turns over and THEN damage could occur? Of course if this is correct the zombies and heroes both could move away by then so there would be no direct damage. And then if a random die roll allows a fire to move onto a figure its random so no one directly damages a figure to get experience. Correct?
04-08-2013, 06:32 PM
(04-08-2013 04:49 PM)crichton Wrote:  I thought if you start a fire, the token is face down and doesnt actually damage anything...
No, all that the "New Fire" token being face down means is that you don't check to see whether it goes out or spreads on the next Fire Phase. New Fires definitely still damage.